“Better than Chipotle”

Las Olas Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Las Olas is a fresh Mexican grill. Quick Service, friendly staff, and tasty fresh Latin/Mexican food that you can choose your fillings as our staff guide you through the process.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I rave about Las Olas to all my friends in NYC and look forward to going home on the holidays to head to Las Olas. Well priced and the food is just that much better than Chipotle. The layout for dining in is great and the food just feels like it was homemade. Love it.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I needed to grab lunch to get something to go quickly, but didn't want fast food. I checked out Las olas on this site, and there were a few bad reviews that gave me pause, but I was impressed that the owner responded to those politely and professionally, so gave the place a shot. Yum! Got two tacos (each is half size of a burrito, and it gave me a chance to try to meats). Both the steak taco and the ancho beef taco were delicious. Also tried a side of chips and pico de Gallo, which was also very good but needed salt the chips to suit my taste. Service was very friendly! Happy I gave it a try, and happy that it is close to my new office, I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stopped by for lunch while shopping in the area. The menu is a variety of the usual Tex-Mex options: tacos, burritos, quesadilla, bowl/salads, fajita plates, etc. Everything seems very fresh and tasty. We also enjoyed a side of chips and guacamole. There is beer as well as soft drinks.

This is a casual place -- order in line, and they will deliver food to the table. Moderate, not cheap prices.

Fast, friendly service.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

This place has good food. The Guac is solid, the spicy is SPICY. That said, the names of the entrees were a little deceiving. A taco is half the size of a burrito. Even so, the taco was plenty big enough to fill my stomach. Service was slow, but not unreasonable. The Worst I can say was that the chips were not kept In a warm holding area.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Went there for first time in years. Remember being kind of puzzled by fried pieces of flour tortillas as nacho chips?? Then arrived there last night, to a line at the door (maybe i'll try later?). So, came back and waited ten minutes in smaller line. In the middle of my order, a vip order went ahead of mine. Some of the help acknowledged her by name....right...hang in there....so I waited. Then sat down in their extended dining room. Lights on, tv on, and some academy youth finishing dinner. Kids left, and a minute later an employee awkwardly tells me it's time to clean the room. Kind of presented in a cutsie manner?? Okay, then another employee starts cleaning. And locks one exit and puts a barrel in front of other. Moral of story: "we're Los Olas peeps and you're not". Oh, the food was alright. It costs $27 for two burritos, small nachos, and 2 Sprites? I can do better in Boston, free parking, faster service, and superior Mexi cuisine!

lasolas1, Owner at Las Olas Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Sir,
I am sorry your visit was not to your liking.

I especially apologize for the shutting down of our spare room while you were eating. This is completely unacceptable and our managers have been briefed, and will not be doing this again. Not the Las Olas way. At Las Olas all customers should be comfortable with their visit and should feel that their communication with our staff is to their liking.

I spoke with our managers and the "VIP" order was actually a takeout and the last burrito was made for the woman who had phoned it in (25 minutes earlier) and was waiting. Yes she is a loyal customer, but all customers are "VIP's" at Las Olas. The staff should have explained to you the process and again I apologize.

Lastly, all of our tortilla chips are Corn and not flour. Hope that clears up any misconception. We strive to offer gluten free food where ever we can and believe that our chips are tasty and fresh.

We appreciate your review and comments and again I apologize that your experience was not to your liking.

Matt
The Owner

Been to Las Olas Taqueria? Share your experiences!