“Best Birthday Dinner!”

Epoch Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Epoch Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Transit: Stops in front of Inn Coast bus
Description: We welcome you to Epoch Restaurant and Bar located in Exeter NH. Join us for casually elegant dining featuring the freshest seacoast of New Hampshire products creatively presented. Our award winning kitchen staff takes great pride in serving only the most exquisite food to our guests. Come try this new creative restaurant with great service and outstanding food.
Rye, New Hampshire
“Best Birthday Dinner!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband brought me to the Epoch for my birthday and I can honestly say it was the best dining experience I have had in the Seacoast NH. Everything from their signature drinks to the dessert was creative, perfectly executed and absolutely delicious. I often complain about the price of eating out but this was the first time in the 10 years of living in NH that I felt it was completely worth the price. It is also in a really beautiful historic building at the Exeter Inn.

exeter,nh
“Epoch at the Exeter Inn”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having lived in the seacoast (primarily Exeter) The Inn has always been a great place for meals. I purchased dinner for 2 at a non-profit auction. Thank goodness this meal (via my bid to a non profit) did some good and thank the Epoch for the donation. We started w/app. my friend ordered the clam chowder. He was surprised to taste hot sauce. He inquired "was there a mistake". She came back to tell us this is how the chef prepared this. It was sent back and came back a little less spicy however still unacceptable. The meal was less than mediocre. I did enjoy my dessert. I am disappointed to provide this review, however this day was not good.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank hiker53nh
“Not the best”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I would recommend bar snacks, or breakfast. Lunch is not great and dinner is awful.The service is slow, the food is nothing special and it is expensive for what you get .

1 Thank Hilary53
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Epoch at The Exeter Inn”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was at the Epoch last Spring for lunch with a party of 8 people. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We could carry on a conversation and did not have to speak loudly to be heard.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for pleasant surroundings, good service and most importantly very good food.

• Visited April 2013
“Rarely Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Because there are so few options in Downtown Exeter, we often go to Epoch because of its availability and accessibility. The bonus is....it's always very good! The service is excellent (except at the bar if having dinner) and the quality of the food is outstanding. Interesting menu with local flavor, nice comfortable and quiet atmosphere. Clearly this is Exeter's Finest!

• Visited February 2014

Been to Epoch Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!