“Nice Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
Overland Park, Kansas
“Nice Hampton”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Nice new Hampton. We stayed last fall for a vacation on a Hilton discount points special. Room had modern Hampton decor. There is a decent indoor pool (a bit on the cool side) to swim in. The free breakfast is typical Hampton. Staff was friendly and helpful. You can walk to a few restaurants in the area. You can drive to the coast, Portsmouth and Manchester within 20 to 30 minutes.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is a relatively brand new property, I think, so it is very clean. The rooms are comfortable with just about everything you might need (no mini bar though, but there is a fridge). There's even a laundry room with a washer and dryer on each floor. Best of all, there's a free breakfast. The food itself is not spectacular--it resembles a college cafeteria, but the choices are good--from hot items to cold.

There is also free WiFi, however, it wasn't working 100% all the time as the download speeds were not so great. I'm sure this issue has been fixed.

Also, the acoustics in this hotel are not the best. If there's someone in the room next to you, you will hear them.

Room Tip: There is a pharmacy next door which has a nice selection of beer/wine, snacks, etc.
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Even though we checked in late the woman at the counter was really nice and helpful.
Once we entered our room we were surprised of how big and clean it was. The bed was huge and we liked having a couch, kitchen area and a huge closet space. Our room was very quiet because it was located at the end of the hallway, but the view was hindered by a hill outside our window even though we were on the 3rd floor.
The swimming-pool was small but pleasant. Not a lot of people used it while we were there and the whirlpool is definitely a plus.
Breakfast was good with a large selection of food. We also appreciated the complimentary coffee offered all day at the hotel lobby.
From the outside the building looked basic. The inside was full of color and very modern. We loved the design and the architecture of it.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to make sure to have a nice stay in the region and we would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Suite located on the 3rd floor at the very end of the hallway which made it really qu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times and never had a problem until recently. I was staying at this hotel because of work I do with Exeter Hospital and the technical work I do with one of the departments that will remain nameless.

We arrived late one night or actually early in the morning to check in. We came into the lobby and couldn't find anyone. We waited for about 25 minutes until finally the night auditor showed up. At this point we were just very tired and needed to get to our room. When we first got in the heat seemed to be on so we just got dress for bed and went to sleep. About 3am we couldn't take the heat so we turned it down. Come to find out the heater only had two settings it seemed, On and Off. We turned it off and went back to sleep.

That morning we woke up to a cold room, took our showers and let for the hospital. Before we left I informed the desk of the problem and was assured they would take care of it. Around 10am I realized I left the do not disturb on the door so I called over and again was assured there would be no problem and they would take it down.

We got back to the hotel around 7pm and found the "Do not disturbe" still on the door, our room was not cleaned, and the heater still had the same problem. I called down and was informed they did not clean my room because of the sign and the heater was not touched for the same reason.

I would go into more detail about this issue but I am not going to waste any more of my time on it. Basically on the surface this is a good hotel but if there is any problem they immediately look for someone else to point the finger at not take responsibility.

When I checked out I asked about the "100% satisfaction gtd".... well I will just say I didn't get it. and now they will not be getting my business.

3 Thank Jaydon M
HamptonInnExeter, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
I am sorry to hear about your experience with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suties in Exeter. The service you received was not ideal and I want to take full responsibility for the hotel’s actions. With that said please contact me any time to make your next reservation with us, it will be free of charge. I understand that you have lots of choices when it comes to your stay in the area and we don’t want to lose you as our guest. Below is my contact information. I appreciate your feedback.
Best Regards,
Dana Stair
Front Office Manager
Dana.Stair@hilton.com
603-658-5555 ext 1753
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was self service with a lot of good hot and cold options.The staff were friendly and helpful. They located an excellent fabric store for us to visit in Portsmouth and printed out the directions for us to follow. Portsmouth is only about 20 minutes away. We will certainly stay here again if we visit Exeter and Portsmouth again to pick up our grandson from Exeter.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel is only about a year old so the rooms are still "new". The location is convenient to local businesses and the the (quaint) center of Exeter. The exercise room is ample however the location of the TV vs. the cardio equipment is awkward (bring your ipod). The layout of the breakfast area is a bit cramped, and not easily maneuvered. Perhaps it was an exceptionally busy morning, but the trash cans were oveflowing, and the there were no clean tables.

Seacoast NH
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a new facility, well maintained with friendly, helpful staff. All the expected Hampton Inn travel amenities. Bathroom has a modular granite top sink with full service products. Modern Hi-Def widescreen TV and wireless and wired internet service. Good breakfast facility, well stocked.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter? Share your experiences!