“making a great weekend even better”

Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We spent the wkend of Aug 24-26 in your hotel. The accommodations were great...very clean, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was more than expected and very tasty. Loved the decor and the fact that you could open the windows for fresh air as wanted. Would definitely stay in you hotel on our next trip to NH

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2012

all the good stuff here, the staff, rooms, service, breakfast, location, everything.
exactly what you need from a hotel including the little business center and gym.
the staff was super friendly and helpful
can't say enough good things about this place

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

We can not think of a a negative thing to say. The room was clean and spacious. The workout room was great, we did not have time to use the pool but it looked clean. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was very good. We usually stay at a hotel in Hampton Beach but this year we opted to stay in a less expensive and much cleaner hotel in Exeter. We made a great choice, we will definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed at this property one overnight during a New England road trip with family. We booked two rooms, one of which they HH Diamond upgraded to a suite. We ate the hotel's complimentary breakfast and also used their no-charge shuttle.

The common spaces were immaculately kept, with surprisingly fine décor. The area where breakfast is served is done up to also serve as a gathering area. Whoever decorated here did a great job. And, given that people eat in this area, one might expect to find some evidence of that, but, not here: no coffee or grease stains on the cloth chairs. During breakfast the staff were diligently clearing away trash and keeping things clean.

The guest room with two queen beds was clean, modern, and spacious enough for a night or two. We were very happy with it. The suite was ultra spacious and comfortable. There was a small wet-bar, a living area, and a separate sleeping area. There wasn't a hard-wall between the two spaces, but instead a wide desk the went the length of the space. There was also a large dressing area off the bedroom. Very much enjoyed this room. It was hard to believe it was a Hampton Inn!

My only complaint is the same one I have with all Hampton Inns: the breakfast is really just crap. I know it is standard HI, and this property did the best they could, but I find the HI breakfast spread appeals to the at-least-it's-free crowd. "Eggs," greasy sausage, and so on. I'd rather have something a little better and pay for it. Personal preference.

Overall, a really great stay. As a matter of fact, I'm still getting over that this was a Hampton Inn. It is even better than a good number of Hiltons I've stayed at. The staff take great care of the property and treat the guests very well too. I certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Given the other reviews here, I guess I had high expectations. I expected greatness and it was just a mediocre stay frankly.
Cons:
The standard rooms are very small. I felt like I was sort of living in a postage stamp. The air conditioning unit is VERY loud. It is made by some company called Amana air conditioning. I am a very heavy sleeper and even I felt as though I was in an airport. At about 3 am, we opened the windows and turned off the air conditioner. Then the fridge made weird cracking noises where we then had to get up once again and unplug the fridge. The pillows were also very uncomfortable they offered no support and we ended up going to Kmart and spending some money on better pillows.
Pros
The breakfast was pretty good for a free breakfast. The room was very modern looking. The bathroom was also very modern, spacious and clean. The shower doors were a nice touch.

If I ever stay in Exeter again I think I may try out another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Brand new, cheerful, fun design. Stayed in a double queen room on the second floor. We were there as part of a wedding block and saw the bride and groom's king suite on the 4th floor. Both rooms were spacious and very comfortable. I love that Hampton Inn's offer a substantial complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Hampton in Exeter, NH this week and it was the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. The Hotel was in great shape, the breakfast bar was well stocked and everything was fresh. Most importantly the staff was incredibly helpful. Not only were they genuinely concerned about helping us find a place to eat late on a Sunday night, but the woman who helped us the evening prior, stopped by the next morning to check on how our evening went. The personal attention given to myself and family was awesome. We will definitely stay there again when in New Hampshire.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Exeter Inn
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#5 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter? Share your experiences!