“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
Nashua, United States
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nothing but great things to say about the staff at Hampton Inn in Exeter. The were accommodating and resourceful to me and my co-workers while we were in town covering a breaking news story. The only issue was the internet connectivity but was resolved.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John J, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Rony C!

Thank you for your feedback! I've heard you loud and clear on the Internet issue and I'm happy to see we resolved the issue for you.

Warm Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I were exhausted after spending weeks packing, moving and preparing our house for possession by the new owners. We needed a quiet place to recover for a couple of days before moving on. Upon arrival we found our room had a queen bed, where we had requested a king. Nicole at the front desk explained that, since we had also requested a room with a bath tub, they moved us to a queen. Nicole checked the available rooms, and gave us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite, which had both the king bed and tub. The room was extremely quiet and comfortable, the breakfast was very good, and every member of the staff was warm and outgoing. Nicole, however, was the true standout. We rarely left the room for two days while we caught up on much-needed rest, soaked in the tub, and recovered. Every staff member cheerfully and efficiently handled our every request and need. This is now the only place we will stay when we come to Exeter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I got to Hotel, staff was great, went to my room, It was clean and comfy. Went to bed and slept great. Got up, enjoyed the shower and got dressed. Ate my breakfast at the hotel and it was actually pretty good. Checked out and took care of my business in New Market and left to go back to Ohio.

Marietta, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff here were very helpful - they take good care of the facility. Housekeeping was particularly on the ball. Only problem during stay is that the hotel construction is done on the cheap - if you are not on the top floor (4th) you will spend a lot of time hearing footsteps - if you are not a light sleeper, no problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Nathan B
San Francisco
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I booked here by accident. I had stayed previously at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, on the same street, and thought it was great. I just got the two mixed up (similar concepts) when I booked the hotel for this trip. The rooms are fine, though not as intelligently or as nicely designed as those at the Fairfield. The amenities are equivalent as far as I could tell. The service team was helpful and friendly.

One small glitch was that they overlooked the fact that I had deliberately booked the night before my arrival since I was coming into Logan from a redeye flight (and noted such on my reservation) and gave away my room. Luckily, they were able to upgrade me to the next higher room category since those were the rooms they had available. They also sent me a written apology and a gift card for a local deli. All very nice, but still . . .

As other reviewers have noted, there is currently significant road construction in the area. It didn't bother me but I can imagine it could be a problem for others.

Overall, this is a perfectly good choice when staying in Exeter if you are looking for a very functional hotel rather than a charming hotel like the Inn at the Bandstand (which I also reviewed). Still, my choice next time will be the Fairfield just because I think the rooms are better designed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank shanstan
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It's a comfortable place to stay. It's a good chain, and I've stayed at other Hampton Inns in other towns and been fine with them. I am used to every kind of place to stay. But when you have small children you get a little pickier and may call ahead for a crib, for example. The last part of my review goes into detail about this. Otherwise yes, it's a normal, nice hotel, the breakfast options were excellent and the room a normal sized, comfortable domain to stay.
One of the good things about this place is that there is a Rite Aid right next door (and a Walgreen’s just down the road) so if you need things like snacks, milk or toiletries you are walking distance. There is an excellent Mexican restaurant across the street, Mexico Lindo. I lived at Exeter 25 years ago (as a boarder at the school) and they never seem to finish construction on Portsmouth Avenue (the location of the hotel), so beware: the road is full of loose rocks and gravel and a little dusty from ongoing construction; walking to the Academy from the hotel is a bit uncomfortable. The road the hotel is on is very busy and has many businesses, but the room we had was definitely quiet. Good windows keep the rooms sealed well.
This past weekend I stayed here due to my high school reunion at the Academy, from which a great deal of their reservations probably come in. My husband and I brought our almost-three- year old and our 7 month old baby. Here's where I must offer my advice: If you call in advance to reserve a crib, please make sure you get the person's name who took your request, the date and time you called, and call again before your stay to make sure they have put your request through and you will have a crib waiting when you get there. I should have called a third time right before my stay to make sure they kept my request. I had specifically called a month in advance to ask for a crib, and the second time a week before arrival to make sure it was reserved. They said, yes, no problem. But when we arrived there was no crib. I called the front desk to ask where it was and may I please have one sent up, and was advised by the front desk attendant that no one ever reserved a crib for me and it was too late, there were no others. The front desk was not helpful or accommodating at all with such a huge error, and did not offer any options or a decent apology. In all honesty I got very angry and told the front desk they sucked. But that’s after an 8 hour drive with two small children in a car, so my nerves were at their breaking point when I learned we’d have no crib for the baby. I had to have my 7 month old sleep with me on the bed because there was no other place to put him. I obviously could not move the bed against the wall and placing pillows on his other side made me worry all night that he could roll over and suffocate. All in all, I am disappointed at the staff’s disinterest and unhelpful response to my request. But if you stay here as a guest I think you’ll be happy and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeorginaGeorgina
Pittsford, NY, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent on all counts, and I am the original Oscar the grouch. I don't like nothing. This place satisfied even me.... Personnel were pleasant, helpful and seemed interested that I had a good stay. Room was very clean and well kept from day to day.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Exeter Inn
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter? Share your experiences!