“Had a great meal”

Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great meal”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We walked in with no reservations, but that was no problem even with a party booked upstairs! the lower dining area is the place to eat with a great view of the river. The tuna was perfect! I highly recommend this cozy little place!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rich S

Exeter, New Hampshire
“a most pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have heard both good and bad about this restaurant, but some Exeter natives say it's their favorite in a town that has some excellent places to eat. We decided to check it out for ourselves by having a drink and appetizer then walk home to have dinner. We chose the pub at below street level and found a busy, pleasant bar with a dining area looking out on the Exeter River. We told out greeter and then waitress that we just wanted a drink but she encouraged us to sit at a table set for 4 right by a window. We reminded her that we probably wouldn't be having dinner, but she assured us that that was just fine. We ordered drinks from the special cocktail list,expecting the usual size cocktail but they came in glasses that must have been 12 ounce size...and for a very reasonable price. We also ordered the panko crusted fried avocado stuffed with crab meat to share. SOOO good! The avocado was crunchy on the outside, heated through but still tasting fresh, and the crab salad had big chunks of delicious crabmeat. When we checked out the dinner specials and noticed that one of the choices was emu, we decided to stay for dinner after all. The emu was perfectly cooked and accompanied with crispy yucca fries and a green apple/ pomogranate slaw. They are advertising that there is a new chef and menu and I have to say it seems most creative. We will be returning regularly.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank newtoexeter
New Hampshire
“Busy Saturday night”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had reservations for Dinner on a Saturday night with friends. 6 in our party. Had a beautiful table by the window overlooking the falls. Started out very good, but after our first drinks and a salad, I had to go up and ask for more water and drinks. Our meals were very good, although I think I got my friends meal, mine was medium rare and his was medium. I think it was very busy at the bar area. I think more help would have alleviated the problem of having to ask for a second round of drinks and more water. I believe everyone enjoyed their meals, however.

• Visited May 2014
Milton
“Really great meal and friendly service”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were in Exeter on a recent trip. We were going to skip Pimentos because of the low ratings on TA. However, it was Monday and other places were closed. The sign outside said new chef, new menu. OK, lets try it. Its a little strange to go thru the upstairs part, past the kitchen to get to the stairs down to the restaurant. The restaurant itself was very cute and a little noisy from the bar crowd. Our martini's were great. My veal scallopini was fantastic, very tender and moist. It could not have been better. My wife had the Asian cod and it was fantastic too. My son had the fillet and it was cooked to perfection. All in all, really good meals. If you are considering Pimentos but are concerned about the negative reviews, give them another chance. We will certainly visit Pimentos the next time we are in town.

• Visited April 2014
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Hidden gem in Exeter”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It's easy to just walk right on by Pimento's as the cozy bar area is located below street level. But if you don't stop in, you're missing out.

I've been several times in the past but there has been a gap of many months since my visit a couple of weeks ago. I way very happy with what I discovered: The same welcoming feel that I remembered from the past along with some new inspiration coming from the kitchen.

Have you ever ordered oysters for both an appetizer AND dessert? We did, but not just because of the oysters, but the absolutely fantastic sauce that accompanied them. Not your run-of-the-mill mignonette sauce. This was different and wonderful.

I was there with a friend for a light dinner, and, in addition to the oysters (x 2) we ordered a selection of appetizers that were wonderful. Deliciously crispy wings, wagyu beef sliders and more. It was a very real reminder that, while Exeter may seem like it only has one or two options for high-quality food prepared with care, Pimento's should not be forgotten!

I will absolutely return. Frequently. And not make the mistake of walking by without stopping in.

• Visited February 2014