“Learning our past”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Learning our past”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Took my mom to see this museum, it was a nice short museum visit and we enjoyed the volunteers who explained the home and museum.

Exeter, New Hampshire
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“history buff”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

tells the story of exeter very well nice artifacts great little museum in the heart of downtown eeter great place to go

Visited March 2013
Exeter, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Step Back in Time Well Spent”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was enjoying other attractions on Exeter's Water Street and Swazy Parkway last July. The museum was open to the public as part of the Revolutionary celebration and activities of the day. Since I am very interested in architectural design, mostly modern though, I liked comparing the (room arrangements on the different levels/floors, how the rooms were furnished, the wide wood floorings used, the fireplaces in each room, and the staircase and its railings) old house of that time period to today's houses of July, 2012. In my mind, I wondered if I could live at that time in that home without the modern conveniences I have today. I also wondered how elderly people climbed the very steep staircase going up to the second floor. I would recommend a visit to this museum. It was time well spent and reflected upon.

2 Thank Norangela
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very nice for historical buffs”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My parents were in town for a short stopover and they love love love history, especially the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. They've visited so many things in the area, it was nice to find something like this they hadn't known of or seen - thanks TripAdvisor for the local recommendations. The house and tavern were architecturally fascinating to me (I'm less of a history nut), and the woman who answered our random questions was so nice. It's amazing that less than a block from all the things most people see in Exeter - shops, boutiques, cafes - is this slice of the world we sometimes forget about.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Trolleyticket
Newmarket, New Hampshire
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A great historical place”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I went to the American Independance Museum during annual festival in Exeter NH in July. Then is when they show a Dunlap Broadside of the Declaration of Independence and early drafts of the U.S. Constitution. It is a great time to visit as there are many activities going on during the festival,but if you can't make it at that time just visit the museum and have a wonderful time at early American History. Great take!

1 Thank bayfields15