“Really boring flavor”

Good for: Child-friendly
Healdsburg, CA
“Really boring flavor”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

In this clean, cozy restaurant in this charming little town, you get excellent service and ample portions of very ordinary Chinese cuisine. I had the Szechuan eggplant. The flavor was flat. Nothing complex or interesting. Edible...but not much to say beyond that.

• Visited October 2012

Nova Scotia
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We didn't have a lot of experience with Szechuan food, so this was a bit of an adventure. Firstly, the servers were incredibly attentive without being pushy, and ensured that we had some sort of crisps with plum or duck sauce while we perused the menu. We decided on the 'Triple Delight for Two' (go big or stay home, I say!) which included spicy orange beef, honey chicken, shrimp with walnuts and white and whole grain rice. The presentation was spectacular and it was absolutely delicious. After we'd almost eaten ourselves into a coma, the servers brought out some fresh pineapple Slurp! I assume to aid with digestion. There was also plenty to take back to the hotel for a snack later I've been on the hunt for crispy orange beef ever since, but it's not that prevalent on the south shore of Nova Scotia (although we can do amazing things with lobster!). In any case, I can't wait for a return. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
“Tucked away down town is the best Chinese Food in the area”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This small place, tucked away in downtown Exeter has great Chinese food cooked to order. Forget the places with lunch buffets and try one of the low priced lunch specials here instead.

Visited May 2012
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Very good”
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Very good quality food. I've never had anything here I didn't like. Its a little pricey but I think its worth it. The crab rangoons are some of the best I've ever had.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great service, really good food”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I love when servers refill my water glass right away, and Szechuan is also right on top of this. There are also a lot of things you get with the meal, like orange slices and fortune cookies for dessert. I highly recommend trying the chicken and eggplant dish!

Visited November 2011

Been to Szechuan Taste of Exeter? Share your experiences!