“We stopped for a quick kbite & were very pleasantly surprised”

Tavern At Rivers Edge
Ranked #35 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Heading to our summer home, we stopped in Exeter for a quick bite before continuing on. Found the Tavern listed on the GPS & decided to take a chance. It's not your usual tavern. Very warn and charming. The food was several cuts above typical tavern food, excellent service, & good prices. We'll be back

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I came here looking for some good after a hockey game and got the best Caesar salad I have ever had, the stake tips on my salad were cooked to perfection and the portions were huge, you definitely get your money's worth. I recommend trying it out!!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best nachos ever. Especially the vegetarian nachos. Very Very casual Very friendly. Bar area can be pretty noisy. A lot of choices on the menu

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I have come to this restaurant a few times now and have really enjoyed the food. Their risotto is very good and the flank steak dish is out of this world. There is a bar and the dinning area is small and intimate. I must say that this venue is trying to be a bit more upscale than it has achieved but, it is worth a visit. FYI, this place can be a bit tricky to find as it is located downstairs.

1  Thank amybeth24
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The first two times I went, the food was very good. After that, the food was horrible. However, we went another half a dozen times to give them a chance. The last time we went I couldn't even eat the food. I ordered the steak tips with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were cold and the steak tips were so chewy that I couldn't even eat them. My husband had a burger and that didn't even taste good. It came out cold and not medium rare, like requested. A place that can't even make a burger should have no business being open. There were two TV's on in the bar area with only three people there. It was echoing and drove me mad. The kitchen staff kept coming out of the kitchen every few minutes to look at the bar. It was annoying. Do not go to this establishment. It is horrible!!

1  Thank lexluther31