“Best Mexican Food in the Area”
Review of Mexico Lindo - CLOSED

Mexico Lindo
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Best Mexican Food in the Area”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is my new favorite restaurant! The food is very tasty and the service is great. It is a nice family restaurant with decent prices. The cheese dip, salsa, and the homemade chips are very good. My wife and I think the Mexican rice is the best we have ever had. If you are trying to decide between Margaritas or Mexico Lindo, I would choose Mexico Lindo hands down. Right now they don't have a liquor license, but they are still packing people in everyday. That tells you something about the quality of the food they serve.

Toronto, Canada
“Fresher than most.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Staying at the Hampton Inn, Exeter, and front desk recommended Mexico Lindo. Good choice. We've been to many, many Mexican restaurants, from Texas to Canada, and this one had some of the freshest ingredients. Very busy on Thursday evening, with many families with young children.

I had the Texas Fajitas, with chicken, steak and shrimp - excellent. My wife had the beef taco salad, which was smaller than others we've had, but again, fresh ingredients, and the $7.50 price tag was good.

Only negative was the weak (too much ice) non-alcoholic drinks. As yet they do not have an alcohol licence, but that's expected in a couple of weeks.

Mexico Lindo is a good addition to the local restaurant scene.

Newfields, New Hampshire
“good meal and price, more authentic than Margaritas”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Although it has just opened up, I've found myself at Mexico Lindo twice in the past week and I've enjoyed it very much every time. The food here seems to be more authentic with fresher ingredients. Having tried other local options (Margaritas comes to mind), I feel that this food not only seems more authentic but also tastes better.

The menu is pretty extensive and they could probably even benefit from cutting down some of the options. Also the staff is still working to get the hang of things. Its been busy both times and the waitstaff has had to rush from table to table.

If you go, I highly recommend you get the table-side guacamole. They have a cart with all the ingredients (cilantro, garlic, onions, tomatoes, avacados, salt, pepper, jalapeños and limes) and they will make it order as you'd like. They also bring out bowls of tasty tortilla chips and some (presumably homemade) salsa with some good heat.

As for meal options, the party I've been with have ordered the steak fajitas, steak taco salad and the spinach and chicken enchilada. All have been outstanding and reasonably priced.

They don't yet have their liquor license, but that should be remedied soon. Once they do, I look forward to going back and getting a freshly made margarita.

One last note, the place definitely needs some pictures and decorations to adorn the walls. The walls are bare and not very festive. I assume that this too is more the result of them just opening these past weeks.