“Real Mexican food at last!”
Review of Mexico Lindo - CLOSED

Mexico Lindo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I rolled my eyes when Mexico Lindo took over the former Friendly's location. We were all feeling pretty bitter about losing our Friendly's, so it took us a while to give Mexico Lindo a try.

Let's preface this by saying that Margarita's is directly across the street. We eat there from time to time when it is convenient, but our go-to Mexican restaurant has always been Shorty's in Hooksett. I can say for CERTAIN that we will never, EVER be going to Margarita's again.

We got there just as they opened on a Friday. The place started to fill up pretty quickly with people who knew what they wanted before they even looked at the menu. That's a good sign.

Someone was going around with a tableside guacamole cart, which is something I have never seen before.

We were seated immediately in a completely transformed restaurant. It might look kind of like Friendly's on the outside, but once you enter, it is different. Nothing fancy. A nice mix of comfy booths and tables, with a small bar area with TV's (they are situated away from the dining area). Nice music playing.

We were given tortilla chips (warm, fresh, delicious) and salsa (spicy, fresh, delicious) and we also ordered some queso to go along with it. Very reasonable pricing on that -- only around $3 for a perfect amount.

The menu is EXTENSIVE. Not your average NH-Mexican fare. I'm used to having to choose between burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and tacos. Chicken or beef? Hahaha! There were major decisions to be made on this menu. Things I had never seen before. I ended up getting the Spinach and Chicken enchiladas. What arrived (super quickly) at the table was not what I expected. It was beautifully presented, and the sauce was bright green. I wasn't expecting that at all, but the taste was amazing. Everything was so fresh and so authentic.

My daughter got a "kid's meal" of an enchilada and rice and beans. This meal was HUGE and cost about five dollars. She loved it.

The staff is wonderful. They all seemed to be Mexican, and spoke Spanish amongst themselves while communicating perfectly in English with the customers. Everybody was really friendly and very attentive. It would appear that there is not one person assigned to each table, but everybody pitches in to make sure the customers are happy. I loved that. I never had to ask for a refill on my drink. Any time someone passed by, they asked if there was anything we needed. It was a very casual yet energetic atmosphere.

Needless to say, we will be going back. I hope others will give it a try, as I would love to see this new restaurant flourish and stay around for a very long time.

There are newer reviews for Mexico Lindo

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Large selection of food and very reasonable prices. The food was cooked to order (so there is a bit of a wait) and the portions were generous. Not the best Mexican food you'll find but quite good. Service was very friendly and efficient. The only negative is that the place has the charm of a fast food restaurant, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

By far the best Mexican food in Exeter -- and they even make traditional guacamole at your table! Like many northern towns (I grew up in Texas), Exeter is not particularly versed in Mexican food and culture, although you wouldn't know it driving down Portsmouth Avenue. There are three Mexican restaurants in a three block strip, and Mexico Lindo outshines the other two. With traditional Mexican-American foods, including great mole, this is a must-try if you are visiting for a few days.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This restaurant serves Mexican food that is authentic and thus each of the dishes has a uniquue flavor. I often find that when I dine in a Mexican chain restaurant that all of the meals seem to taste the same.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place opened in the vacated Friendly's. Minimal renovations were done, but they include an intimate bar which seems to be quite popular. The adult beverage list is lengthy and creative. Guacamole is freshly made tableside with expertise and flourish..and tastes great! This is an 'old school' Mex/Mex and Tex/Mex restaurant with the portions being generous and flavorful. My 'go to' menu item is generally chlie relleno or some sort of combination plate that includes enchilada suizas. In both cases, since my dining partner shared with me, food was fresh, had good flavor and was most satisfactory. Diners receive chips and salsa on arrival. Service on the night of our visit was attentive, and the food arrived in good time and with the extra 'heat' requested by my dining partner. The kitchen appears to be flexible.
Mexico Lindo is a good choice if you're in Exeter, you're tired of seafood or soups and sandwiches served elsewhere and you want something with flavor. It's good for families or an adult evening out.