“A REAL cafe!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Boston
“A REAL cafe!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

D Squared is the one of the best REAL coffee houses in my opinion...short of traveling to NYC or Seattle!
Most places offer a good to decent cup of coffee, a pretty ok Cappuccino or Latte and some house "specialties" that are unique in some form. This place ascends the norm due to a type of passion that is rare in any representation of the service industry.
Everything from Latte art, to Mocha's poured like a Guinness to a pot of tea steeped correctly...it's a rarity I'd recommend to anyone!

Visited July 2014

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Best coffee in town”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent coffees and specialty drinks - the seating area is a bit small but we've always managed to find a seat. - decent baked goods.

Visited February 2014
Exeter, New Hampshire
“great place !”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, fun little coffee shop, clean, warm, inviting, cosy, friendly. the BEST coffee ! Pastries and cookies, scones, etc., are available.

Visited January 2014
Kittery, Maine
“"damn fine cup of coffee!"”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Twin Peaks reference aside, I came here over the summer and had an iced coffee.

I was impressed by the fact that they actually care to know what kind of coffee you like and based off your preferences they'll figure something out for you. The owner was knowledgable without being pretentious and I felt well informed about what I was getting. I work in a cafe (even though it's in a chain store) so I appreciate people who know what they're doing and care about it.

Overall, it's a great spot, a little on the pricey side, but worth it. I mean, heck, I shell out five bucks for a latte at Starbucks. As much as I am entranced by the Siren, you can't beat local business. Especially a local coffee shop!

Since it's colder, I may venture back to get a hot drink the next time I find myself in Exeter.

• Visited August 2013

Been to D Squared Java? Share your experiences!