“Fantastic Place for Lunch”

Green Bean On Water
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Tried Green Bean on a recent trip to Exeter. It was very busy on Sunday but the line moved along quickly. The only problem for first timers is that you can get a little nervous when it is your turn to order because there are so many good choices to make. I had the BLT and it was awesome. Really fresh bread and great ingrediants. My son had the turkey Thai wrap; it was fantastic as well. My wife had the Gorgonzola spring greens salad; it was ok but we can't get too excited about greens with gorgonzola cheese, roasted walnuts, and dried cranberries. We shared a bowl of vegetable soup and it was really good. We ate outside because it was so crowded inside. It was a little nippy out there but still very tolerable. We look forward to coming back to the Green Bean when we revisit Exeter.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Green Bean on the Water is a great place to go if you want to grab a quick lunch. The bread is excellent and the ingredients are fresh. The place is completely packed at lunch and can be a little loud, but the sandwiches and wraps are very good.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Green Bean is one of those places you just keep going back to because it is always the source of a great meal. Simplicity is the key, sandwiches, great soups (made on site), and other goodies that change on a daily basis. You order by going through a serving line and, if you are lucky, you can get a table the back looking out over the water coming over the dam! I always get their soups because they are so good. This time they had Bleu Cheese and Broccoli, Corn and Clam, plus a couple of others (I missed out on the White Bean and Sweet Sausage...All gone!).

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We can tell why it's so crowded at lunchtime. Line moves quickly and a guide holds a table so you don't have to wait after picking up your order

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We went on a Saturday for lunch. The place was really busy and we were wondering if we would have a place to sit when we entered but a nice employee told us that by the time we would order our food, he'd have a seat for us; and he did! He saved us the best seat in the house. He was very efficient at helping customers - giving recommendations, helping find seats, cleaning the tables. Before leaving, I thought I would take a Tiramisu to go and instead of making me wait in line, he ordered it for me and it was ready to go. The food was good. They have a great selection of sandwiches and soups.

Been to Green Bean On Water? Share your experiences!