Great location at the base of Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch - same exit as Echo Lake.
Reminds me a little of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining. There are lots of interesting, old pictures from its hey day. The hotel rambles you can see where each addition was made to the property.
Place could really use a full restaurant. We stayed in September so AC was not missed.
Bottom line if you go in with low expectations, and get a good deal, it is a great place to use as a base for exploring an interesting part of NH. Rooms were adequate. No prizes for the bedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mittersill Alpine Resort - a four-seasons lodging, vacation rental & ownership resort in scenic Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. Hiking - Biking - Golf - Skiing - Great trails - All nearby! We are uniquely poised to offer great timeshare experiences. The Best way to ensure a good vacation is to own it! A great family get-a-way! Your home away from home! Relaxing and quiet, a perfect location for a quality and affordable vacation. Nestled in a unique mountain side village, experience the beauty of Northern New Hampshire in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest. Something for everyone - enjoy the nature of all seasons and many other area attractions nearby. Mittersill Alpine Resort has been devoted to vacation ownership since 1979. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mittersill Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mittersill Alpine Hotel Franconia
- Mittersill Alpine Resort Franconia, NH - White Mountains