We stayed for a week between Christmas and New Year. The weather was very cold. It takes six and a half hours to drive from Bergen County New Jersey to the resort. The resort is located next to the Cannon Mountain. I would consider this a ski in and out resort and there is not many in the New England area within the timeshare network. The check-in was very easy. We got in at two and was in our unit by two thirty. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly. The only thing to do this time of the year is ski and snowboarding and the location and condition is perfect. Cannon mountain is in great condition and there is more people than last year.
Our one bedroom unit was very nice. It is located on the second floor facing the mountain with a balcony. It will be nice in the summer too. The resort is very quiet this week even thought there is a lot of people at Cannon. The resort area is very beautiful in a snowy way. The unit is clean and comfortable. The living area is large with very small TV, dining area and sofa bed. The fully equipped kitchen has with full size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and blender. It also has all the pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensil you will need to fix a good meal. There is many storage area in this unit, including a large closet and many shelf and chest. The one bedroom unit has a queen bed and the bathroom has tub and shower. Bedroom is small with small tv but the bathroom is quite large. There is no laundry facility in the unit. It is at the basement, also the pub/restaurant that serve drinks and light meals, gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym and garbage removal. There is towel exchange Monday and Wednesday. Resort has an assortment of activity including morning social, karaoke and evening drink and cheese.
Grocery shopping is a challenge in the area especially when weather is bad and the road is blocked in which will happen in the winter. It is a good idea to get your grocery ahead of time at Littleton. There is a Walmart, large grocery and small country shop. It is also a good idea to get your weather sport gear in Walmart. It is very expensive at Cannon. We make our lunch to take to skiing.
There is many not much restaurant to eat in this area. We ate at a Mexican place in Littleton and that was very nice. Cannon mountain was so busy this season. They have shuttle running from the resort to the mountain non-stop from ten to three thirty. That was great. There is no need to drive. You will not be able to park your car anyway. Just grab your board and get on the shuttle. It is the best! We are already book for year 2011. See your soon Mittersill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mittersill Alpine Resort - a four-seasons lodging, vacation rental & ownership resort in scenic Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. Hiking - Biking - Golf - Skiing - Great trails - All nearby! We are uniquely poised to offer great timeshare experiences. The Best way to ensure a good vacation is to own it! A great family get-a-way! Your home away from home! Relaxing and quiet, a perfect location for a quality and affordable vacation. Nestled in a unique mountain side village, experience the beauty of Northern New Hampshire in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest. Something for everyone - enjoy the nature of all seasons and many other area attractions nearby. Mittersill Alpine Resort has been devoted to vacation ownership since 1979. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mittersill Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mittersill Alpine Hotel Franconia
- Mittersill Alpine Resort Franconia, NH - White Mountains