“RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Restaurants in Franconia
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangor, ME
“RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The restaurant itself needs, at the minimum, deep cleaned, the service was so sorry and the food was the worst I have ever had. I didn't know anyone could cook a rubber omelet, but this place managed to pull it off. Toast, fairly simple....uneatable!! Just a sorry mess. I am so glad I didn't book our three day mini vacation here.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Memelisb

Ellsworth, Maine
“Gag”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had the misfortune of eating breakfast here. The bathroom was filthy. It was built up over time filthy not , we had a gross customer and didn't get a chance to clean yet filthy. The smell was horrible, It smelled like crap. Naturally I assumed somebody must have had to do a number 2, however, when I went back in an hour later (only because I had no other choice before hitting the road again) it still smelled like crap. I nearly left the breakfast I had just eaten there the smell was so overpowering. The carpets were frazzled and dirty in the dining area too. The waitress seemed to be very confused about her job. She came to take our order (finally) and had to leave to go get an order pad. There were about 20 people in the restaurant that looks to seat at least 250 or more and at least 15 staff members walking around so I am not sure as to why everything was taking a long time to happen. When we did receive our food my scrambled eggs had bits and pieces of mushroom and onion in them that I did not order. Lucky for them I do not have allergies to such food items. My sisters omelet had the bizarre texture of rubber at best. Over all the level of cleanliness, lack of service, and substandard food ensured that I would never eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Melanie W
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

When we were sightseeing in New Hampshire we stopped for lunch. There was 9 of us and we were seated at two tables which was fine. It was around 2 in the afternoon and not many people there. It took the waitress forever to take our order and serve us. The food came out overcooked and some of the orders were wrong. We were not the only ones that was not pleased with the service. The table next to ours also had problems. The views were beautiful but the two hour lunch wasn't worth it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carol H
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Very Bad and even worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This restaurant needs a new manager.

There is a pervasive bigotry given to those that have chosen the OFFERED meal ticket! The servers will not serve people with the meal ticket.

The servers do not offer wines and they appear to allow the food to appear late.

Our food was cold to touch and taste, but the server could not be reached. There was only 20 drops of au-jue on the dried out roast beef. The server only checked on the tables that did not have a meal ticket!

We flagged her repeatedly, but she shooed us away with a wave of her hand.

40 minutes later she gave us our check.

Gee, wonder if she got a tip?

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank PHstarman
Onaway, Michigan
“A treat Every Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food here a is always delicious, and a good value. We've never had a bad food experience.

that being said, we were a bit put off this time by several children playing in the dining area. Granted, this is a restaurant located in a family hotel, but when you take your children to a restaurant, they should not behave as if they are in a playground.

Otherwise, excellent!