“Parking lot party noise”

Best Western White Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
franconia, United States
“Parking lot party noise”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is on an MTV trail which is populated with drunk ATV riders who like to congregate in the hotel parking lot and create a disturbance well into the night. The hotel staff are oblivious .. .I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Robert S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

So true story, I thought that I "upgrade" my hotel stay here from HIllwinds (Rated much higher here) to this hotel. Big mistake.

I got bitten by something multiple times. When I look at the sheets, it looks old and probably haven't been changed.

The other reason for my "upgrade" which turned out to be a big downgrade is that I wanted to watch the Oscars in style. Another big mistake. The TV at Hillwinds is much bigger and clearer. Here, I get an old TV with grainy picture.

Not to mention it's much more expensive here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Franconia hotels

Amherst, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

cheap price, reflected in the amenities and cleanliness of the place debris all about the premises, slime on the bottom of the pool, closed/boarded up bathrooms overcrowded, hot, poorly arranged breakfast area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I’m sorry you didn’t find your stay satisfactory. Our facilities and grounds are meticulously maintained regularly to ensure a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. I’ll share your feedback with our team to ensure our standards are being met.

Respectfully,
Plainfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived on our motorcycle in the rain. The hotel doesn't have a place to eat or anything within walking distance. Only one place would deliver to the hotel and they were not delivering that night. We had been on the motorcycle all day, the last 3 hours in the rain, there was no way we were going to get back on the bike and find a place to eat. We had dinner from the vending machine:-( The furniture in the lobby seemed grubby and it felt like the carpets needed to be cleaned. The room was ok, nothing special. The cleaning guy walked into our room as I was coming out of the shower!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m sorry you didn’t get dinner. I hope our breakfast made up for it the next morning. I can assure you that the experience you described is not the norm and I’m sorry we couldn’t make your stay more special. I hope you can give us another chance.

Cumberland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If having a GREAT view of the White Mountains has any value to you, this is an excellent hotel to stay at.. Every room on the front of the building faces the mountains. The spacious yard out front also faces the view.. Rooms on the back of the hotel do not have a view. The rooms are nice and comfortable, and the employees were very helpful. The hotel is fairly quiet as it is NOT in the heart of the city.... Nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

There’s nothing like waking up to a beautiful view of the mountains. I’m glad you appreciated it as much as we do. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was worn and dirty. Dirty carpet, dirty comforters on the beds, dirty bathroom floor. There were signs posted rhat there would be a $250 cleaning fee for smoking in the rpom (we don't smoke), but there was food on the wall from a previous guest. The location is beautiful, but this place needs some cleaning and sprucing up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy R
I’m sorry you didn’t find your stay satisfactory. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities. If this isn’t the case for whatever reason, we encourage you to speak with the front desk and they would be happy to look into it for you.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

On a recent trip with my wife and her family, we had occasion to stay the night at the Best Western White Mountain Inn, in Franconia, New Hampshire. I found it to be an enjoyable experience. The facility was easily accessible, right off of Interstate 93. It was clean and modern, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The only negative that we experienced was the Iron in our room leaked water badly, unless it was turned up to very high heat so that the water turned to steam. The facility was well equipped, with all of the desired features, including free WiFi, breakfast, and fitness facilities. I was pleased, and I would stay at the White Mountain Inn again, if I were in the area and needing a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It sounds like you had a great stay! I’m sorry your iron wasn’t working properly. If there is ever an issue like this, please speak with the front desk and they will be happy to look into it for you. Thank you for your kind comments!

Many thanks,
Vinkal Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
#4 of 5 in Franconia
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Best Western White Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!