“Good location for White Mountains attractions”

Best Western White Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Reviewed 12 October 2010

What I've come to expect from Best Western - modern, clean, good standard service in spacious rooms. Free breakfast area is a bit cramped and to be honest breakfast could be improved - but it is free! Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western White Mountain Inn

Reviewed 20 September 2010

This is a bare-bones, overpriced, facility with no attention to cleanliness. I could overlook the lack of luggage carts and an elevator in a less expensive venue, but not at the price we paid. There was hair on the bedsheet, the floor had not been evenly vacuumed, if at all, leaving dust bunnies and dirt beside the nightstand. The toilet had not been cleaned to any degree, with dirt, hair, and what appeared to be dried human blood and excrement widely distributed on the underside of the seat. When we returned the following night, the toilet had still not been cleaned, although housekeeping had been there. I've stayed in my share of third world hotels, and I can tolerate a degree of grunge, but this was really not OK.

2  Thank artdingley
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We checked in at 4:00P.M to the hotel and found that the toilet sink was clogged. We immediately reported this problem and were told that the maintenance guys would look into it. We left the hotel in sometime and returned at around 10:00P.M, only to find that nothing was done. The receptionist very casually mentioned that this was a known problem and will not be fixed. They called the maintenance guy again and he said that the owner was aware of this a day before and he had asked the owner not to allocate this room to anyone. We had to manage with an extremely dirty sink. I have never faced this kind of pathetic service in any hotel. Even on being aware of such an issue, they still went ahead and alloted and room to us and sat on it, inspite of our complaint.

3  Thank subha13
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here and we were pretty happy with our stay. We paid a decent price, had a comfortable bed to sleep in and a yummy breakfast. The staff was nice. Pool and hot tub clean. I wish the Sauna(s) were in a room by themselves so my husband and I could both enjoy them together. I won't go in to the locker room to use it by myself, so I was not able to take advantage. Overall, good price and stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

i'm in the hotel and i booked for some nights. the hotel is called resort, but it has nothing to do with a resort hotel. the name is a fake. i booked this hotel because other hotels are sold out.

the hotel is very loud, you can hear to people from all over the floor, the children crying from rooms 5 mtr. away. the hotel is closely related to interstate. inside the hotel the hotel has the charme of the nineties, nothing individual, nothing personal, nothing unique.

the hotel should become a super 8 hotel, may be a red carpet hotel; may of those of a better quality. from the point of view of bw traveller this hotel is definitively ranging within the last 20%.

sorry, but improvement in everything is necessary.

the internet is partially not working.

our room seems to be renovated, netherless

4  Thank joedi2
Reviewed 10 August 2010

First off, don't get the wrong idea when you see the word "resort". This is not what many of us think of when using the word resort, but it is a nice hotel.

I'll admit, I chose this hotel for the price (I had a gift card to apply to my room rate). Glad I did. It worked out just prefect for my quick trip to the mountains.

HOTEL - Convenient drive to many attractions. Immaculate grounds. Plenty of parking. Small play area for kids. Indoor pool (see below). Snack and soda vending machines. Computer in lobby (free to use). Free continental breakfast (coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, toast, waffles, fruit). Laundry machines. The restaurant on site is closed. Small exercise room.

STAFF - Very friendly. Very helpful. I asked for directions, the desk clerk not only told me she took the effort to write them down for me. I reported that the toilet in my room was running and someone fixed it within an hour. I asked for additional pillows and we got them right away.

ROOM - good size. Clean. I had a room with two double beds. Also a small table with two chairs. Microwave. Mini-fridge. Coffee maker. Plenty of lighting. Window opens for fresh mountain air. Bathroom was clean and a good size. The hairdryer was terrible, so bring your own.

POOL - large pool. Small hot tub (aka spa). Don't believe when you see the pool is "heated". Yowzer. It was chilly. Small towels available at the front desk (you would be better off bringing your own or take the bath towel from your room). Plenty of seats.

AREA - it is right off I-93. Convenient to Franconia State Park. Not much for dining options in the area so eat before going back to the hotel. There is a small country store within walking distance. Pizza delivery available.

I enjoyed my stay and have already recommended it to a friend who will be traveling to the area in a few weeks.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We decided to travel through the White Mountains on our return trip and chose this spot. The room was clean and roomy but needed a bit of maintenance. Loose tiles in the bathroom with grout pieces loose on the floor. What was truly annoying was the constant squeak in the floor above as people walked on the next floor up combined with the constant noise in the lobby. The doors need to be acoustically sealed in this area and the structure corrected. Avoid the rooms close to the lobby!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Hampton Inn Littleton
#4 of 5 in Franconia
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Best Western White Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!