Nice little motel. Everything was very clean, the shower had excellent water pressure, their wifi worked (a little spotty but it was raining.) We had a second floor, pool facing room and we could see over the second building to a nice hillside. The room was plain but we weren't looking for much, and you can't beat the price. The beds were also really comfortable and my friend that I stayed with agreed. Our only complaint was that they did not have operating vending machines, and all the stores in the town closed at 8pm, so we could not find juice or soda anywhere! Take note of this and bring extra drinks, like we didn't. There was a mini fridge and microwave.
We went hiking the next day (the reason for our stay) and you couldn't find a more beautiful area. Will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional New England family-owned and operated motel featuring clean, comfortable, affordable and friendly lodging in the White Mountain region of New Hampshire. Located on the banks of the tranquil Gale River, Hillwinds is located near all major seasonal attractions and is only three miles from Cannon Mountain and the Franconia Notch State Park, home of the Flume Gorge and great hilking opportunities. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast, in-room coffee and fridge, free wi-fi, and guest computer and lending library. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hillwinds Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillwinds Hotel Franconia
- Hillwinds Lodge Franconia, NH - White Mountains