My wife, daughter and I stayed here for one night on October 9 on our tour of New England. I had cancelled a reservation elsewhere when I booked because I believed that the Inn had a lot of charm and the receptionist sounded very friendly on the phone. I was severly disappointed with our stay. First, there was no television, and when we arrived the receptionist was not overly friendly. We were glad to be placed on the first floor since our luggage was very heavy. The room was spacious, and had two queen beds, however there were some stains on the carpet and when you opened the bathrom door too far, you hit the pipes overhead. The room was clean, but the furnishings were outdated and the wallpaper was peeling in several locations, along with peeling paint on the window sills. The shower worked great and that is a positive, since the queen beds were not that comfortable. We had a full breakfast in the morning which was very good however, the service for breakfast was disappointing. The location of the hotel was definitely in the countryside, with very little for a tourist to see. There were only about two or three restaurants in the town, but none of these appealed to us. So we drove to another town to dine at Appleby's. Be careful crossing the street since that is where you have to park your car. We went downstairs to the bar area in the evening and there was aq nice fireplace, however once again the waitress was not overly friendly, nor did she seem to want any conversation. We would definitely not stay here again and it was probably the most disappointing stay of our trip since I had hoped for much nicer accommodations. The lodging rate for a one night stay was not considered a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lovely 3-story white clapboard, colonial-style Country Inn features 29 beautifully appointed, cozy guest rooms, 3 luxury suites, a living room, library, 2 dining rooms, a Rathskeller Lounge, and 2 spacious verandas. And Oh what a view! Feast your eyes on the White Mountain landscape in all of its resplendent beauty! The Franconia Inn has much to offer guests visiting the White Mountains. Whether you are seeking the enriching experience of hiking high on mountain peaks, to thrilling kayak adventures, skiing, scenic bike trails, horseback riding or memorable trips to popular attractions such as Clark's Trading Post, The Cog Railroad and more. You and your family will return home with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Each season has unique possibilities - many from right out our front door. At the end of the day The Inn beckons with relaxed, gourmet dining, an outdoor hot tub, movies, game room, or a nightcap in the Lounge. Whether your interests are antiquing in the area, scenic drives, active sports, family attractions or just sitting by the pool with a good book, we strive to help you make the most of your precious leisure time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Franconia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franconia Hotel Franconia
- Franconia Inn NH - White Mountains