My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Franconia Inn and were so pleased! We has a spacious room with a King bed, close to the screened in back porch. Our room looked over the back of the inn and we could see the horses grazing if we were in the room in the afternoon. The Inn itself does show its age at times, but if we wanted to stay in a fancy upscale hotel, we would have. The Inn is everything it should be, the room's A/C was just fine and there was an extra fan in the closet that we used as well on the nights it was cool enough to turn the A/C off. The breakfast every morning was EXCELLENT (pancakes, french toast and eggs benedict to be specific!). So filling, we routinely just had a small mid afternoon snack and then came back for dinner at the Inn as well! Dinner goes late so we typically reserved dinner at 7:30/8pm. We had dinner at the Inn 4 times, and each meal was very good, at times could be salty - but that's just part of not eating your own home-cooked food. All the staff were also very nice and helpful. In the room we found a nice big book of things to do, how to get there, what to expect, ect.. very helpful and helped us plan a rainy day. The bed was actually one of the most comfortable B&B beds I've slept on, and the bathroom was very clean. If I had to think of ONE thing I would change, I'd say they need to get some new lighting for the bathroom - the lights made the room SO HOT we hardly ever turned them on! The Inn is located about 10 minutes from some great attractions - the flume gorge, the basin, old man historic site, and Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway. Another 10 minutes south and you're in Lincoln where there is the visitor's center, Loon Mountain, Pemi Valley Moose Tours, and some yummy ice cream, not to mention you can get right on the Kancamagus Highway right from there! Next door is also a riding stable, and across the street is a small glider plane airport - never a bother with the noise, no worries there. The pool was also nice to relax in at night after an active day. I would love to come here again, but NH is so gorgeous we'll probably go explore another town next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lovely 3-story white clapboard, colonial-style Country Inn features 29 beautifully appointed, cozy guest rooms, 3 luxury suites, a living room, library, 2 dining rooms, a Rathskeller Lounge, and 2 spacious verandas. And Oh what a view! Feast your eyes on the White Mountain landscape in all of its resplendent beauty! The Franconia Inn has much to offer guests visiting the White Mountains. Whether you are seeking the enriching experience of hiking high on mountain peaks, to thrilling kayak adventures, skiing, scenic bike trails, horseback riding or memorable trips to popular attractions such as Clark's Trading Post, The Cog Railroad and more. You and your family will return home with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Each season has unique possibilities - many from right out our front door. At the end of the day The Inn beckons with relaxed, gourmet dining, an outdoor hot tub, movies, game room, or a nightcap in the Lounge. Whether your interests are antiquing in the area, scenic drives, active sports, family attractions or just sitting by the pool with a good book, we strive to help you make the most of your precious leisure time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Franconia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franconia Hotel Franconia
- Franconia Inn NH - White Mountains