I stayed here for a week in July and enjoyed the serenity of the location and the comfortable room. The Inn is furnished quaintly with period pieces; beds are covered with quilts. The windows opened easily for fresh air, or I could use the window air conditioner. Most impressive was the dining room and the breakfast offerings with spectacular daily specials. Dinner offerings are pricey for an inn of this type, however. No phone or TV in room; wireless internet access is available but not accessible for some reason in my room. I sat in the living room, enjoyed the fire in the fireplace, and caught up with the outside world via laptop. My only complaint concerns an article of clothing I accidentally left in the closet when I checked out; when I discovered I had left it behind, I called the inn to ask about it. They promised to call me back when they checked, but I heard nothing from them. Therefore, on my return trip through that part of New Hampshire, I stopped by the Inn to check on the missing article. Nobody had found anything, it seemed. Considering that I had left the housekeeping staff a generous tip for the week, I was very disappointed with this response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lovely 3-story white clapboard, colonial-style Country Inn features 29 beautifully appointed, cozy guest rooms, 3 luxury suites, a living room, library, 2 dining rooms, a Rathskeller Lounge, and 2 spacious verandas. And Oh what a view! Feast your eyes on the White Mountain landscape in all of its resplendent beauty! The Franconia Inn has much to offer guests visiting the White Mountains. Whether you are seeking the enriching experience of hiking high on mountain peaks, to thrilling kayak adventures, skiing, scenic bike trails, horseback riding or memorable trips to popular attractions such as Clark's Trading Post, The Cog Railroad and more. You and your family will return home with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Each season has unique possibilities - many from right out our front door. At the end of the day The Inn beckons with relaxed, gourmet dining, an outdoor hot tub, movies, game room, or a nightcap in the Lounge. Whether your interests are antiquing in the area, scenic drives, active sports, family attractions or just sitting by the pool with a good book, we strive to help you make the most of your precious leisure time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Franconia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franconia Hotel Franconia
- Franconia Inn NH - White Mountains