We stayed here this weekend and was disappointed that 2 of the most important things were not good. The bed was hard as a rock and there was no water pressure ... and I mean none. It was a trickle, at best.
For the price of $190 a night, I expect a plush mattress and good shower. Not worth the price. I've stayed in Boston for less and got far more.
*location is great for skiing and the drive up is absolutely stunning;
*the staff are very attentive, very warm and welcoming;
*it was quiet and the fireplace areas are cozy;
*the food was very good;
*we had the "spacious" room which was plenty big;
*the pub is downstairs and has great ambiance; beautiful fireplace area;
*game and TV rooms were fun.
*the bed was rock hard;
*there was no water pressure at all ... the shower was a trickle;
*there is not a lot to do if you're skiing or snowmobiling;
*the breakfast that's included was poor - cold omelette and pancakes, old fruit on the buffet;
*our server at breakfast was not good - I think she was hungover;
*the chairs in our room were fit for a 5 year old; not comfortable for sitting and lounging in
I wouldn't go back for the price I paid. This is not a $200 a night inn. If it were $99-$125 then it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lovely 3-story white clapboard, colonial-style Country Inn features 29 beautifully appointed, cozy guest rooms, 3 luxury suites, a living room, library, 2 dining rooms, a Rathskeller Lounge, and 2 spacious verandas. And Oh what a view! Feast your eyes on the White Mountain landscape in all of its resplendent beauty! The Franconia Inn has much to offer guests visiting the White Mountains. Whether you are seeking the enriching experience of hiking high on mountain peaks, to thrilling kayak adventures, skiing, scenic bike trails, horseback riding or memorable trips to popular attractions such as Clark's Trading Post, The Cog Railroad and more. You and your family will return home with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Each season has unique possibilities - many from right out our front door. At the end of the day The Inn beckons with relaxed, gourmet dining, an outdoor hot tub, movies, game room, or a nightcap in the Lounge. Whether your interests are antiquing in the area, scenic drives, active sports, family attractions or just sitting by the pool with a good book, we strive to help you make the most of your precious leisure time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Franconia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franconia Hotel Franconia
- Franconia Inn NH - White Mountains