“In need of a relaxing get-away...”
Review of Lovett's Inn

Lovett's Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Franconia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here over Memorial weekend 2014. Too cold in the Mts to be in a tent so the cabins were perfect! Rustic charm without being old. Great property and wonderful owners! Jim and Janet welcome you in just like you are family. From the minute you check in to them waving goodbye. They love what they do and it shows! If you are planning to be in this area (very close to rt 93) i highly recommend this Inn. Go to relax, enjoy, and eat well!

Room Tip: We had room #1(called Enchantment) it was one of the furthest out from the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lovett's Inn

Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you visit their website, you will notice the "menu" lacks prices--and that's an indication of the fluid
practices here. Last week, I called for a room, telling Jim the owner my budget was $150/night. He told me no rooms at all were available, but he expected a cancellation from a lady. He called me an hour later and offered me the "Nicholas Powers Suite"--explaining the lady had indeed cancelled. The suite is listed as $215-265 nightly, and he sent me written confirmation that my last-minute rate was $150/night. Seven hours later, he sent me a different confirmation (presumably because he had lined up another customer). It was for a different room with a fireplace and TV. Stupidly, I assumed it was an upgrade because of the TV and fireplace--and because the photos of the cottages obscure that they are cheap, charmless motel-grade. And no wifi.

On our arrival "Jim" sent us to our "cottage." It was actually three side-by-side rooms along an un-shovelled path (snow ended 10 hours earlier). The room had been highly perfumed with "air freshener;" the fireplace had no wood, but plenty of old ashes; the mushy bed had three cheap poly pillows and a cheap unwashed poly comforter; the coffee maker was stocked only with 1 bag of decaf; the curtain was missing from the bathroom window; the TV was tinny and tiny and made squelch noises (which Jim promised "to repair"); and the furnace roared loudly from underneath the room---cycling on and off all night. Jim refused to make good on my earlier confirmation for the far nicer Nicholas Powers room he had originally sent me a written "confirmation" for (again, "confirmation" is a fluid concept for him), or to rebate the difference between the rooms.

Breakfast "fruit" was two slices of strawberry and banana. Yogurt? Only pre-sweetened available. Toast was made from the cheapest supermarket type bread. Cereal/granola? None. Lotsa' eggs and mass-produced sausage patties.

The "inn" has a dim sitting room with formal furniture and dim reading lights--much less a TV for the Olympics. The windows are covered with interior Saran-wrap plastic (see photo).

Room Tip: Don't believe the photos, if the photo of my room is any indication. The "cottage" roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Backhandslicer
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A inn in the mountains of NH. Friendly helpful staff to make your stay more pleasant! Delicious food and clean clean rooms ! A wonderful place to relax and enjoy! Skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides are all available close by!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had not been to Lovett's in a year. I returned to dinner last week to find once again, the finest food in Franconia, at very attractive price. First of all, the menu was lovely, the cooking simple, the food incredibly fresh. Vegetables are fresh and prepared like real food, not an afterthought to fill the plate. My lemon/chicken was perfectly done, with a lovely taste that did not overwhelm the delicacy of the natural taste. The soup was incredibly excellent.

To make it all the better, the service was warm and responsive, the room warm and lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My boyfriend and I took a trip up to New Hampshire right before Christmas 2013 to cut down a tree. While we didn't end up with a tree due to the weather, we still enjoyed a fabulous weekend away at Lovett's Inn. The biggest upside about this inn was the fact that we could bring our dog! It is very hard to find those around us! When we went there was quite a bit of snow already, and our puppy loved playing fetch in the huge yard on the side of the cottages. The cottages are cute - they look pretty small from the outside, but are very roomy on the inside! I am also crazy about cleanliness when I stay at hotels and inns, and Lovett's was good - I didn't need to tuck my pajamas into my socks ;-)The bed was comfortable and there was a working fireplace which was controlled by the thermostat.No fridge, but it was cold enough that we left our leftovers in the truck, and drinks outside the door. There are plenty of restaurants in the area (we love Baliwicks), and if you ski or snowmobile, it is a short drive to do either. The owners were super friendly, and impressed us with their hospitality, conversation, and the breakfast the next morning (I still think about that omelette)! We will most likely stay there every time we go back to the area, and definitely when we bring the dog!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in a cottage that was comfortable, and although a little outdated, it was a decent size, very cozy, and had all the amenities we needed. The inn was beautifully decorated and had great views on the mountains. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Inn, and the meals were great and the breakfast was made to order (delicious homemade muffins!). Perfect place to stay to get to Cannon Mountain for skiing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed in a cabin with king sized bed. Bed was very comfortable and well appointed. The only criticism would be the musty smell that you noticed each time you arrived but once in the room we got used to it. The single ply toilet paper was a very cheap touch that would be so easy for them to remedy, we actually bought our own after a day of single ply! The lodge was lovely and the meals were excellent. The restaurant service was exemplary, Eric was very knowledgable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Best Western White Mountain Inn
#3 of 5 in Franconia
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
#4 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Lovett's Inn? Share your experiences!