“English Tea and Beautiful Gardens”
Review of Tarbin Gardens

Tarbin Gardens
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Franklin
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a hidden gem. Enjoy the drive to it on a country road and experience numerous gardens and have a proper English tea in the rose garden with a fountain. Very relaxing and peaceful. Great place to celebrate a birthday with a friend!

2  Thank Robin V
in 5 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and a friend went to Tarbin Gardens to have afternoon tea and explore the grounds. The garden is quite nice. There are many beautiful lillies in bloom right now (end of July). The colors in many gardens were vibrant and beautiful. The formal garden is beautiful. The barnyard was fun for my daughter. As soon as we entered all of the animals started talking to us. The ponds are cute. The buildings with flowers have an array of plants and animals to look at.

The tea service was delicious. We had a pot of tea with cream and sugar waiting for us at our assigned time. Then we were brought our tray of scones, lemon tarts, biscotti, jam cookies, chocolate cake, and clotted cream and jam. She told us how to prepare our scones. Everything was delicious. One we were served she checked on us once and then disappeared. We waited 20 minutes after we were finished to ask for a box, but no one ever returned so we just ate everything (it was way too good to leave) that was left and continued to explore the gardens.

The only major complain't that my friend and I had was there was a lot of stuff everywhere that the public shouldn't see. Things like piles of wood, bags of gardening products, sheds messily packed to the top with items, unclean animal cages, a washing machine in a random shed with bunnies, just clutter and items that should not be where they are. If they cleaned up everything and made it really nice I bet there would be many more visitors at this potential hidden gem.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really didn't know what to expect when I saw some information on Tarbin Gardens as a place to go in Tilton. I believe it was suggested to spend about and hour but it was a beautiful day and a wonderful place to walk through and view all the pretty gardens. We were able to stay for 2 hours easily and still didn't cover all of the grounds. They even offer a tea which unfortunately we did not have time to indulge in. It was set up in one of the gardens and looked very enjoyable. Next time we plan to stay at Black Swan Inn B&B (please check them out!) in Tilton we will definitely return to Tarbin Gardens just to wander and unwind for a couple of hours ~ and to enjoy some tea.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We really enjoyed the quiet and the gardens that are nestled in the middle of a wood/ forest. We indulged in an English tea- surreal because we are from England! We were made very welcome & wandered round for about 45 minutes. It was very peaceful.