“Great Location, clean services”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freedom
Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Great Location, clean services”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Spent 3 nights here. The sites were well maintained. We scoped out the whole campsite and this is what we found: Every facility building was very clean (especially bathroom and showers), Pools were clean and well maintained (also has a salt water pool), The snack shack was very small and not much to choose from, tons of great sites available for privacy or near water locations, Also has a stream running through the property which goes through many sites (great for kids to play in), staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely return.

2 Thank Michael L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Camping at Danforth Bay is lots of fun! My family and I camp here every year!

I'm not the type of person who enjoys rugged nights in the forest or long hikes through the wilderness... I do like to observe nature from the safety of my tent and knowing that there is electricity, plumbing, and running water available whenever I decide that I need them. (Danforth Bay even has cable hook-ups included with every campsite, though I have yet to take advantage of this.) They have several bathroom facilities located throughout, so there is always one relatively close to every campsite. They also have a Laundromat, Snack Shack, and a Depot store where you can buy ice, batteries, coffee, and anything else you forgot to bring with you. Cell phone service is non existent (at least for AT&T), but there is free wifi located throughout the park.

Danforth Bay has three pools: a children's pools with water slides, a heated lap pool, and a heated saltwater pool that stays a consistent 82 degrees. There is a lake where you can swim, play in the sand, or rent a boat for a small hourly fee. The camp also has Arts & Craft hour, archery, movies, ice cream parties, live music, and dances.

The campsites themselves are wonderful as well. There is a stream that winds it's way through the park. Our site (D11) was surrounded on two sides so we were able to sleep to the soothing sounds of running water. The kids had tons of fun catching (and later releasing) the frogs that live in that stream. They also loved teetering across the fallen log bridge.

1 Thank Bethany S
Saco, Maine
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We usually stay at C1 or C2 and have stayed before at C23. I loved all three campsites, they were private, clean yet close to the beach and arts and crafts center. The kids love it there, we usually don't hear a peep from them, the three pools are great and with 5 kids there is a pool for each level, including one with a slide for younger kids. The activities are fun, including candy bar bingo which we look forward to each year, and we always make sure to make a tye dye t shirt each trip as a way to remember our fun times at Danforth Bay. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the Safari sites, unless you are traveling with a large group, any sites along...
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

This is by far my favorite campground. Me and my family have been coming here every year for 9 years and counting. It's very clean, great service, large sites, good cabins, and great activities both inside and ousting the campground (often free). This is one of my faveorite places on the planet.

• Stayed July 2013
Belmont, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I really hate to write this review because it means more people will find this place and it won't be my secret anymore! Seriously, the only bad thing I can say about Danforth Bay is that is it difficult to get weekend reservations during peak season. Like my title says, I measure all other campgrounds against DB. So what's so good about it? Sites are very spacious, wooded, full hookups are available on most of the sites. You can choose between a private wooded site, an open air site, a waterfront site. Activities are scheduled daily - most are geared toward kids. Campground is pet friendly. Cable TV is just like home. Wifi is pretty darn good for a campground. Although we don't use them (we have a motorhome) - the restrooms and showers are super well-maintained. The small lake is gorgeous - great for canoe and kayaks and the beaches are clean and sandy. Store is well stocked and they have a snack bar, family game room and two nice pools. What more can I say? This place is awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Essex, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is definitely better then your average campground, but I wouldn't call it a resort, although there is plenty to do at the campground. 2 pools, 2 beaches on the lake, boat launch, tennis, basketball, live music, bingo, etc. The price is pretty reasonable compared to other "resorts" we have stayed at. Bathrooms were pretty clean, but far from pristine. I think it had more to do with where our site was. It was one of the larger bathhouses, right by the playground and basketball courts. So it got a lot of use by kids and teenagers.

2 reasons I did not give this place an "excellent" rating. Our campsite location and the ridiculous number of golf carts whizzing by all day and night. We stayed in the "Safari" section. No shade at all, sites are on top of each other. It's apparently the teenage hangout as well, particularly at night. The campground is huge, so they rent golf carts. They are everywhere and at night when they turn on there lights, it feels like you are on a major highway. Who wants to sit around a camp fire while 10 carts have there lights pointed right on your camp?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelDog99
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Danforth Bay is a great camping experience for the whole family. There was so much to do, we never left the campground. The site we had was not secluded but not in the thick of things either. The pools are beautiful and clean. The at the lake you had a chance to fish, swim, boat or rent a kayak. There were craft activities for the kids. Many friendships were made.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Superskiingmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freedom
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Madison
Merrill Farm Inn
Merrill Farm Inn
#11 of 30 in Conway

Been to Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort? Share your experiences!