“pleasant surprise”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Parma, Ohio
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

stayed here week ago with friends.....wasnt sure we choose good hotel...hard to tell when you
book online however upon entering suite....very pleastanly suprised......suite was clean and
spacious......however I do have issue with desk clerk @ time of checking in....when you have
guests in front of you....put your cell phone down please and address your guest....that is sooo
rude and un professional.....other than this little incident...I enjoyed my stay and would recommed this place to my friends and family.....

Room Tip: read the reviews from other guests ...won't book another hotel unless I check wtih Trip Advisor...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Room was spacious and clean, however beds were horrid. Extremely hard and dipped in middle. Pillows were small, hard and lumpy. Even at off season rates loosing a night of sleep wasn't worth the savings.

• Stayed October 2012
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Room was not clean, spiders all over the place in the bathroom, pubic hairs all over the floor and near shower, stained carpeting, small old tv, stiff as a board bed, mini blinds that let in more light than most want at a hotel, really dated but great location for a show at Meadowbrook with a trail right to the parking lot. That is about all it's good for besides a decent beach.

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Gilford hotels

Gilford, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My family and I were taking a ski trip at Gunstock and found a nice-looking, "family" place to stay. Once our day was over, everyone was soaked from a full day of skiing. We got our key, and walked to our room. The kitchen was TINY! The pull out couch and NO pillows or blankets! The "bedroom" bed was like laying on a rock, and the blinds to divide the rooms made no difference to the people in the living room, who were trying to sleep while we watched a movie on the laptop. The kids wanted to take showers but could not because there were no towels. Atleast there was a TV to watch. When we told the women working in the office that we had no extra pillows she said
"Don't you have any couch pillows?"
The location was very close to Gunstock, and Gunstock is a fun place for the whole family. But please, take my advice and go somewhere other the Misty Harbor.

Room Tip: Don't come here at all. It would be better to stay away.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Abigail M
Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here for the Tiberman 2011 Triathlon, with some days added on before the race to make it a week-long family vacation. It was a mixed bag. Note: We stayed on the beach-side of the road...the hotel consists of two buildings on either side of Rt 11B. The beach-side, I understand, is mostly privately-owned condos, serviced by the hotel staff. In was in one of these where we stayed.

The good: The adjacent beach is wonderful. The roped-off area goes out about 100 meters and is only about 4 feet deep at that point. Great for kids. The housekeeping was very good and timely, the beds comfortable.

The bad: The first night, I could here woodland creatures scratching the siding of our ground-level room. This did not occur any other night, and I suppose is more of a function of the area. The plumbing seems low-pressure and the toilets clogged multiple times.

Overall: the place is OK, somewhat expensive for what it is. You are essentially paying for the beach.

Room Tip: Ground Level, beach side, is probably best.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Florida, US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

A small group of us stayed here for a weekend skiing trip to Gunstock. We had 2 couples, and we arrived late, so they left us our key in a mailbox.

The beds were not comfortable at all – one was a pull-out couch, and the other a murphy bed. The room had outdated decor, but was generally clean.

For a group of 20-somethings on a ski trip, the room did the job. It was a crash pad, and comfort was optional. But if you have any back issues, I recommend staying at a place that has better beds.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jnbruton
Medway, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

I was travelling for a recent event and this is where the majority of the other people were staying, so I reluctantly booked a room after reading the reviews already posted. I should have listened to the reviews and stayed elsewhere!

There were 4 of us sharing what the hotel considers to be a "one bedroom" suite. Although I have to disagree that the accordian door does NOT make a bedroom because I could hear everything that was going on in the "living room" since I turned in a bit earlier than the other people in my room.

The bed was rock hard and was simply a murphy bed with an additional mattress on the frame. The sheets were threadbare; so much so that I could feel the mattress underneath the sheets. The pillows were lumpy as if they had been through the washer and dryer. There were only 2 towels provided for 4 guests and when we went to get more (later in the night) the office was closed! Needless to say it was not a very pleasant experience having to share towels. I opened the dishwasher to start it since we had used the glasses from the room and it was covered in RUST. Also the people who were staying on the pull out couch couldn't find the sheets/blankets (which were in the "bedroom" where I had been trying to sleep) and they said the mattress was dirty and soiled (I didn't personally witness this but I figured I would mention it).

Upon check out (after a LONG sleepless night) I aired some concerns to the lady at the front desk. She didn't seem phased about the long list of complaints that I had regarding out room. Including the rusty dishwasher. I was expecting an apology or something but she just said she would have the management look into it. I also asked for a call from management but haven't received one yet!

On the positives, I saw a "motel" room and it was clean, had two fully made beds, and a nicer bathroom. I also saw a one bedroom with a jacuzzi tub which was decent. The beach was fantastic although it does not allow pets at anytime.

Overall, I have to say that I would have been happier staying in a Super 8 Motel for $59.99 or less! Stay away if you can.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank kererie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
#3 of 6 in Gilford
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Misty Harbor and Barefoot Beach Resort? Share your experiences!