“Family Ski Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Family Ski Vacation”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for a mini-vacation between Christmas and New Year's Eve. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Serena at the front desk helped us by making sure we were able to get rooms across the hall from each other, even though it meant requesting housekeeping to clean one sooner than expected. We were there well before check-in, but they still did all they could to accommodate us. When we got to the rooms, we realized they were NOT across the hall from each other. The housekeeper in the hallway, saw the issue while I was headed back down to the front desk and she took it upon herself to go ahead and get the correct room ready. She was friendly and cheerful and not at all put out by our request. In fact, every single employee of this hotel is cheerful and friendly. Each morning, there were housekeepers by the elevator who would chat with us about and our children about our plans for the day and tell us what they'd heard of the ski conditions.
The hotel is only 5 miles away from Mount Gunstock and they sell discount lift tickets at the front desk. There was always hot chocolate and coffee out and the morning breakfast buffet was plenty for us. The hotel is very family-friendly. Each morning, the lobby/breakfast area was filled with families, many children still in their pajamas.
The only thing I would prefer is if there were connecting rooms, but that's not something that would keep me from going back. We hope to return to Mount Gunstock this season and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in a group and want good access to each other, request rooms directly across...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dots039, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let people about how wonderful our staff is. It is wonderful to hear how great our team is. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Spent Christmas Eve here while we were in town visiting family. Traveling with a cooler we were pleased to find a full kitchen including microwave and refrigerator. We were very happy. Room was warm and quiet. Staff was pleasant. Going for 200 characters.

Stayed December 2013
Dots039, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for letting people know about our great hotel. I appreciate you taking the time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed there when I was pregnant with my family. I was having a very challenging hormonal moment. My husband asked a housekeeper by the name of Cindy to please grab us extra towels and change the linens after I was sick all night long. I want to commend her professionalism and courteous and quick response to our needs at such a trying time.Never once did she appear flustered or repulsed. I was mortified and equally embarrassed. She ensure our needs were met and I cant rave enough about our stay. The rooms were clean and Cindy really added to our experience that certainly will bring us memories of a lifetime. Thanks for being so courteous, and your absolute professionalism!KUDOS!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hermustangs
I will [pass your comments along to Cindy. She is excellent and an example of the team here at TownePlace Suties by Marriott Gilford. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Dawsonville
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I booked here for a family wedding on December 5-7 2013 through a huge travel site. After I realized I needed to add a room, I contacted the travel site. After 3 phone calls to them, they denied making the reservation, even though I had THEIR e-mail with confirmation numbers, etc. The hotel bent over backwards to reassure me that I was indeed booked and they could add a room, no problem. We arrived to a pleasant, friendly, no-stress check in. They have the friendliest people on earth working in that hotel, from the front desk to housekeeping. Serena, in particular, took my stress level away. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was apprehensive about being in a room next to elevators, but we didn't hear a thing! Very qui...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dots039, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you. I always love hearing that our team takes such good care of our guests. We want to make your stay here amazing and I am glad that it shows;
Romney, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Combination business and pleasure trip and the quality of the people at this hotel added to both - great facility and even better staff from housekeeping to maintenance to front desk - cannot say enough - with their support and warm friendly professionalism was able to relax when needed and get work done when needed. Hate to slight anyone, but have to give extra kudos to the Housekeeping staff. Great trip for the two of us and for the two dogs traveling with us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dots039, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I am glad that the team here at TownePlace Gilford allowed you to have a great working and pleasure trip. We appreciate your feedback.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had just stayed at this beautiful hotel. The frount desk Staff are very friendly. My room was so refreshing too walk in and see it so clean. I was there for a few days and we had the same housekeeper she had a lovely smile and made us feel comfortable. I had too ask her how she liked her job she smiles and said absolutely this company treats us well And I could see that.. Miss Cindy Thank You. The Breakfast was more then I could ask for. The pool was quite and peaceful just like the hotel. I enjoyed my stay and will be back
Thank you!

Cindy from Pennsylvania.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Familyfunouttings
DOTTOD9, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you. I will pass your comments along to Cindy. Our team here cares about our guests and each other and I am thrilled that you had that experience. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know about us.
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a great stay. Hotel is super clean. Excellent customer service. Very well managed location.
The staff are courteous and happy.....easy to tell when a hotel is very well managed.
We are from Canada and travel to the area 3-4 times a year. We have been doing this for the
last 25 years and this hotel will exclusively be our new home in the area. Will be recommending this hotel to our friends.
M & D

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank for letting people know about us. We are delighted to become your home when in this area and are looking forward to your visits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford? Share your experiences!