“Explorer ropes course is great for kids 6-11”

Gunstock Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Gilford
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The treetop adventure was lots of safe excitement for kids. My six year old grandson had trouble using carabiners to clip and unclip himself from the safety lines, but the guide, Andres, was extremely supportive and encouraging and made sure that he was having fun and gaining confidence. Our 10 year old granddaughter caught on immediately and had a blast.

Both kids loved the kid-sized ziplines, swinging platforms,nets to climb through, and other adventures. The whole adventure lasted about 1 1/2. Our 2 kids were the only ones on the course and got personalized instruction and supervision, but I don't know if that is always the case.

1  Thank trailergypsy

Reviewed 1 May 2014

A close friend has a season pass here and raves about the conditions, family oriented approach and the hard work of the staff. They also put in a lot time and events during the summer months. This is pretty much a year round operation now that does lots of interesting and fun events. Check it out. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This past season I traveled to several mid-New Hampshire ski areas including Waterville Valley, Sunapee and Gunstock. I enjoyed Gunstock the most. While Sunapee and Waterville Valley have more challenging trails, Gunstock was by far the best groomed mountain of the three. It's a smaller operation, but it's run well. No, you're not going to get cuisine for lunch. You'll get a hamburger, hot dog or chicken strips, but so what? I don't go skiing for the food. Their rentals tend to be older, but if you're renting, you probably won't care. The mountain has spectacular views and a friendly and helpful staff and long, winding trails.

I skied a full six hours and loved it. I'm definitely going back next season.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Gunstock has something for everyone and all year round. Skiing and tubing in the winter, zip-lining (longest and fastest in North America) and tree top adventures in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Live entertainment on the weekends in the Pistol Pub is all fun. The food is good, reasonable and there is a great selection. I don't ski but I spend a fair amount of time at the mountain as my husband works there part-time in the winter on the NASTAR race hill and I go up and hang out at the top with everyone. The views are spectacular with the lake right there.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

February 27, 2014, I had a great two hours with my grandson at Gunstock tubing. Very organized, safe, fast, and fun. The staff is terrific. So helpful walking in the icy spots.
We could tube together, holding on to each other's tube. The staff would spin us if we asked. We liked lane one and they allowed us to wait for that lane.
I can't praise the staff enough.

Side note----the chili is delicious.