“Decent Value”
Review of Inn at Smith Cove

Inn at Smith Cove
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gilford
Inn at Smith Cove
Ranked #3 of 3 Gilford B&B and Inns
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
“Decent Value”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights in June 2013. Great location--we were catching a show at Meadowbrook and the Inn is maybe 7-10 minutes away. Clean rooms, management was nice, but breakfast was as other reviews had said, pretty lame...I can't say I was expecting a lot but it was some cut up squares of stale cake and some coffee...that was it.

Rooms are nice, quaint, obviously decor is Victorian and kind of grandma-ish, but it goes with the Inn and this wasn't really a complaint.

Privacy was a little bit of an issue, could hear people upstairs from us very clearly, and we were concerned about how much people could hear of our conversations, etc. But it's an Inn, and thats to be expected.

They had a nice seating area in the cove where you could hang and just watch the boats, that was cool. And the toiletries were upscale, herbal organic type things. Somewhat insignificant, but it's important to point out since the owners took care to provide quality in that area.

Only complaint--rooms are advertised with a "water view" and the view is of the cove, not of the lake, and I felt that was slightly deceptive, since it wasn't much of a view.

Still, a positive experience, not sure if we'd stay there again, only because of the lack of privacy, which is not the owner's fault, not for any of the other things I mentioned.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
aussie returning
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This Inn is beautifully located and the managers are nice people. We have stayed here twice.

However the service is remote as the managers live in a separate home. There are no in room coffee facilities or such a facility available in the common area. Breakfast was a muffin. Beds are small and hard.

So much could be done to improve this beautiful Inn in such a great location.

If those improvements occur I would be happy to return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Comparisons
Milford, NH
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Lighthouse and the wood workmanship on it was very nice, it was a very unique choice the views of the lake we're just beautiful.The owners were very hospitable and polite. The grounds are very nicely kept and they have two private beaches. It's a great place to go if you have a boat, which we do, so the stay was even more enjoyable. Only thing I could suggest is that they mention the very narrow spiral stair case in the lighthouse that leads the that bathroom & Hot tub, because this is not something everyone could deal with. We'll be back but we'll opt for a different room choice next time, something closer to the water. Enjoy the pics...

Room Tip: Avoid the lighthouse if you have vertigo or can't climb a very narrow staircase which leads to t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherryl G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were greeted in our 10x15ish room with a dead bug and didn't think much of it until its friends arrived throughout our 12-hour stay. In this short time, we killed three large flies, two spiders, two moths, a bee and a wasp. We also thought we heard the pitter patter of an animal in the wall behind the bed in the middle of the night.

On the flip side, the place has a great view with a lovely porch and is in a convenient location to many activities on the lake. If it matters, the Inn is behind a trailer park.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank RedJumbos

Travellers are raving about these Gilford hotels

Reviewed 14 March 2011

I visited the Inn at Smith Cove for the first time recently and was very impressed by its location, cleanliness and friendly atmosphere. The Inn sits right on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee and offers a beach, a gazebo (which I used frequently to read and check my laptop while enjoying the view), and a beautiful garden setting with flowers galore. You won't find friendlier, more down to earth people than the couple who own/manage the property. They're always available to offer assistance in any way they can. Just ask for Bob or Maria. The other great thing about the Inn is that it's located close to anything you would want to see or visit in the Lakes Region. I highly recommend this establishment and am already looking forward to my next visit. Save a seat for me on the porch.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I’m from a big city, where all you do is work and move at a 100 mph pace. But I’m constantly getting lost in my imagination, and to me, the Inn at Smith Cave is the living definition of a Fairy Tale. I stayed at the Inn for only 2 nights, but I wish I could stay for weeks. The coziness is enveloping, the history overwhelming and the beauty dazzling. I’d like to think everyone who’s been here feels as I do.
Isn’t the Inn at Smith Cove just a little piece of magic? Definitely, a perfect setting for a fairy tale. Perhaps I shall find a frog outside tomorrow and kiss it into a prince. The beauty here makes it seem possible. Keep making dreams come True. We also really enjoyed walking to the Lions Den Pub up the road (no need to drive).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert1234560745
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Wonderful and relaxing is the only words I can use to sum up my stay. The Inn is very clean and the Inn Keepers were pleasant and very attentive. I am looking forward to a summer visit!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trg19612
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
#1 of 3 in Gilford
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to Inn at Smith Cove? Share your experiences!