“Disappointed - with the reviews on tripadvisor I thought we found the right place - I was wrong”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Lincoln, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I visited Fireside on 7/23 with my husband and son to see the Big Time Rush concert at Meadowbrook. I called ahead and asked if the hotel was close enough to walk with a 4 year old to the concert. They assured me it would be OK, but when I got to the hotel I found out that it was a 15 minute walk, with part of it being on a busy road with no sidewalks, so we drove to the concert and paid for parking. When I checked in we were given whoopie pies, but only 2 even though there were 3 of us. I received the keys and a copy of the bill and went to room 209. The room was neat, but not clean. There were 2 dead moths on the floor, it didnt look vacuumed. The website brags that the rooms are updated with flat screen tvs, well maybe our room missed that renovation, we had a old tube style tv with about 20 channels, sitting so high up above an old fashioned entertainment center, it hurt our necks to look up at the tv. The weird thing was that the entertainment center had a hole for the tv which would have been perfect, but they chose to put the microwave there instead lol. We rushed out to the concert and when we came back that's when I realized that the light in the bathroom didn't work. It was close to midnight and my 4 year old was sleeping so I didn't want to call the front desk and have someone try to fix it at that hour, so we had to use the bathroom with the door open. The next morning we took our time getting ready. At 10:15 I took my son down to the lobby for breakfast, I was then informed that breakfast is only served until 10. I definitely would have been down to the lobby before 10 if someone would have informed me of this detail. I would not recommend Fireside to anyone, and will choose another place to stay next time I come to Meadowbrook.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ktj329
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
We are always striving for the best service that we can offer here at our hotel, and it seems as though we may have fallen a little short during your stay. Our complimentary continental breakfast is open from 7 AM - 10 AM every day, and most of our guest find it very convenient to walk to Meadowbrook! We extend our sincere apologies.

I can assure you that your comments will be followed up with all the appropriate team members. I’m sorry not to have been available to meet you in person. If there is anything further we can do for you, I encourage you to contact me. (603-293-7526) and we hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, that you will give us another opportunity.

Experience the warmth of our hospitality!
“Call us directly for the best rates”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My friend and I had a perfect "girl's weekend" the past few days at the Fireside Inn and Suites. Rest and relaxation was the plan and that's exactly what we did. Perfect location and friendly staff. We stayed in one of the suites and it was absolutely the best! We were happy to know that Gilford Beach was just a walk away (one thing I would recommend to the front desk staff is that they let people know when they check in that you need a pass to get on the beach and that you can get them at the front desk for $5 pp for each day). We found that out from talking to one of the housekeeping staff.

We have no complaints at all about the Fireside and enjoyed our stay very much. We decided we need to to do it again next year! I highly recommend the Fireside Inn. Perfect getaway!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor, I will be sure to share this with all our associates. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guests so that we continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service. We are so fortunate that we have Gilford Town Beach within walking distance. All of our rooms have their own Refrigerator, Microwave and Keurig Coffee Maker; we also have 24 suites with full kitchens. It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Richmond, Maine, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

..I utilized the facilities at Fireside Inn in Guilford NH and could not have been more pleased, so pleased as a matter of fact I immediately booked a 4 night stay in August and will look no more further for a Hotel that fits my needs in that area in NH, plan on visiting the others as well.
Many Hotels say they are Handicapped accessible but ( believe you me) very few are. My GF and I go to quite a few shows at Meadowbrook and are from Maine so a lot of driving is done and quite a few Hotels were tried but none comes close to what is offered.
.....outdoor pool, indoor pool, beach access, hot tub, are the things I used however there is more I have yet to utilize. A breakfast that was head and shoulders above those bagels and a slice of toast you get at most places.
Both pools and Hot tub were equipped with chairs that will gently lower the disabled in the water and gently bring them back when wanted.
Usually after my trips to NH I can look forward to skinned /bruised/bleeding knuckles but none at Fireside.
A lot of Hotels up a few 2x4's and fix the plumbing and call it ADA, not Fireside. A large bathroom with enough room to shut the door (try that in a public bathroom), a higher commode, a sink you can roll under, enough room to turn 360 degrees in, ......beds were very comfortable, a deck outside to chill on after the show, propane grills......wonderful.
I thought it was slightly pricey but when a disabled finds what he needs price takes a backseat.....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel! We certainly appreciate all guest feedback, but it is always such a pleasure to hear praises such as yours. We strive to achieve exceptional guest service and I will share your comments with all of our associates. It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guests so that we continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service.

Mass.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Booked two rooms on the advice of tripadvisor reviews. From the moment we were greeted at the desk to when we checked out, the staff could not have been better. We were there to attend a concert and the inns location is perfect. We arrived early and one of our rooms was ready the second was completed right away. The housekeeping staff went out of there way to make sure we were happy with the rooms and they were spotless! We walked to Patricks pub for dinner (2 min) then to Meadowbrook for the concert(10 min). The walk back was a lot better than fighting the traffic thats for sure. They offer a continental breakfast that worked out just fine with staff making fresh hot waffles to order and a good selection of bagels,toast,danish and cereal. Both couples attend one or two concerts a year and agree we will now stay at the Fireside every time. There are a lot of options in the area for rooms that we have tried but the staff here made all the difference.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
We are pleased that our hotel and staff were able to measure up to your expectations.. We are always striving to offer our guest the best service in the Lake region. Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.

Hope to see you soon!

Francis Tuscano, General Manager
West Newbury, MA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed just one night - seeing a concert at Meadowbrook which is walking distance away. Great staff - from the ladies cleaning the rooms to the front desk and beyond everyone was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, there is a nice outdoor pool - also well maintained. Didn't swim in the indoor one but looked equally nice. Continental breakfast was a surprise - everything from cereal to waffles. Location as mentioned was very convenient - we could walk to the concert, walk to a restaurant and convenience store. Exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: All seemed equally pleasant.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We’re delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and service. We have the best people work for us here at the Fireside Inn. I will share you comment with them. We hope that each and every guest, every day, experiences our service.
Once again, thank you and we welcome you again.

Sincerely
Francis Tuscano
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We checked on a Friday and stayed for the week. We went there for bike week and had rode it up. They had towels ready for everyone’s bike to wipe them down. They had plywood for the stand. The people were awesome and very helpful. The breakfast that they have was great. Very helpful with finding a place dinner. Even with all the bike around this place was quite. The room was very nice and had a patio for us to relax on and a hot tub down the hall. There is a small airport down the road and had 3 planes go over head (small cessna planes) when we were in the room. I would go back and stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor during Bike Week 2013. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates here at the Fireside Inn. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Fireside Inn & Suites Gilford NH
603-293-7526 Ext.115

frank@firesideinngilford.com
SE Mass
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed only one night but can't wait to return. Great location to lake activities. From check-in to check-out everything was excellent. Grounds were excellent, rooms were spacious and very comfortable and a great continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fireside Inn & Suites. ) I will share you comment with all of our staff.. We hope that each and every guest, every day, experiences our service.
Once again, thank you for giving such great feedback It would be are pleasure to welcome you back this summer.

Sincerely
Francis Tuscano
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
#3 of 13 in Laconia
Belknap Point Motel
Belknap Point Motel
#3 of 6 in Gilford

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!