“Even Better Than Last Time”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Auburn, Massachusetts
“Even Better Than Last Time”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every year for the past 20 years. It used to be B. Mae's prior to Fireside Inn. On our recent visit, we arrived two hours before check in and took the chance that our room would be ready. It was! No fuss check in two delicious whoopie pies to boot. We mentioned we were going to drop our bags off and grab some lunch. The desk manager handed us discount coupons (which we used) for local restaurants. Love coupons! The pool is a perfect temperature, the bed was comfortable to sleep in. Proof of that is my very picky daughter who had no complaints (other than the snoring from the other bed...not the hotel's fault). My favorite part of our stay was entering the continental breakfast the next morning at 7 a.m. The redid this room this past winter and the improvements were tremendous. The space was updated with granite counters and spacious room. But the best improvement was the food offerings. How can you describe this as a continental breakfast when you also offer pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage? I'm not complaining! My daughter (the fussy one) didn't have a single complaint here! The room was clean and well maintained by the very helpful Miss Lydia. What a sweetheart! Overall this was a 5-star visit. Plus it's a compliment to see the same helpful staff working there. Elaine has been there for 30 years and remembers us every time. Best local hotel to stay at in the Lakes Region.

Room Tip: Special rates are offering during the season. If not, they do offer AAA rates when you show your va...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests, and hearing compliments like this make it all worthwhile! It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guest so that we continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service. Our mission statement is Friendly Service, Clean Rooms and Everything Works with a Family-Friendly Atmosphere and a little Fun!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Experience the warmth of our hospitality!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying here. We are just as happy with this stay as our first. Very clean, smells like cinnamon. We had a king room with a fire place over looking the mountains. Pool very warm and clean. Hot tub, just so relaxing. New breakfast room was open. Very bright and cheery. The attendant was always busy refilling items and cleaning. Front desk very friendly and they go out of their way to make sure your happy. I highly recommend you stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catcoffey
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are pleased that our hotel and staff were able to measure up to your expectations. We hope that each and every guest, every day, experiences our service. I would like to thank you for returning,

We are happy you were able to take advantage of the pool and whirlpool.
It would be are pleasure to welcome you back.

Once again, thank you.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 April 2014

So, no real majestic views to speak of (you can see the hills, and a little bit the mountains if you peer around the corner), but everything else is FANTASTIC.

My husband and I were up for a one-night "babymoon." We only live about an hour away but were looking for something a little more luxurious than home. We got it! Free stuff galore: whoopie pies, popcorn, soda all night, breakfast in the morning. If you have a favorite K-Cup flavor bring it with you, because that's the kind of brewer that's in your room!

The King-sized bed in our room was magnificent: super soft and squishy. I slept like a baby. I usually hate hotel beds because they're so firm. This was wonderful! The one thing I wish is that there was an extra blanket in the closet area, as I got a little chilly at night but don't like to use the bedspread. But, I bet I could have asked for one, because the staff was VERY friendly! Everyone smiled, asked us how we were, and Lidia in the kitchen even offered to make our waffles FOR us, which I found very nice, especially since she looked pretty busy.

I read a review or two that said the breakfast wasn't amazing. Well, it's a free continental breakfast, with all that the phrase implies: make-your-own waffles and pancakes, pour your own cereal, grab a muffin or donut and some juice and coffee. It's not gourmet but it's definitely hearty and a good deal if you're trying to save a little dough.

We were there in the off-season (read: mud season!), so the grounds hadn't bloomed yet and the hills are still brown, but from the pictures I've seen I would certainly go back in the summer for their lovely outdoor pool and pretty grounds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Coco W
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post these thoughtful comments about your stay with us. We our very happy you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us. We have a great staff were able to measure up to your expectations. We are always striving to offer our guest the best service and make them feel at home.

I have shared your comment with all of our associates. It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guests so that we continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service. Pl

Francis Tuscano
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.

SOUTHWICK
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed immensely our week's vacation at the Fireside Inn (Mar 21-28, 2014). From the onset to the end of the vacation the staff was very friendly and helpful. The nightly chili and hot dogs (M-Th) and popcorn was a great touch as was the daily breakfast with waffles, pancakes, eggs and sausage ... etc. I thought it great that the staff called us Monday evening to remind us of the chili and hot dogs ... and I appreciated the recommendations on restaurants etc. The 1-BR accommodations were very good ... we could have used a pizza cutting wheel ... but everything else was fine (good amenities such as shampoo, hair conditioner, and body creme) ... excellent furniture, good TV reception. We hope to return at a future date.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frankmyers
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor.com, regarding your stay here. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates here at the Fireside Inn. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stay at Fireside Inn every weekend after Thanksgiving with the entire family. The staff is welcoming and friendly. The facilities are always in great condition and breakfast is great!! I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynsey O
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 7 April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Here at Fireside arrived yesterday to a dirty towel in front of our suite and kids running up and down the hallway screaming, knocking on doors etc... finally settled down loved our room with the exception in the suites there is no keurig but rather a regular coffee maker with no filters in the suite. Went to the pool and whirlpool today what a disappointment certainly not the fireside way Pool was cloudy and cold, whirlpool was filthy dirty with a dirty band aid stuck to the stone and ceiling was leaking everywhere (see pictures). The icing on the cake is I booked an extra night from my week long stay in my suite and they charged me for 2 more people being in the room and it was more than the rate I just got on line:

Charge Per Night
Fri, Mar 21, 2014 $ 189.99
Total Room Charges: $ 189.99
Taxes: + $ 17.10

Total Cost of Stay: * $ 207.09

That's less than the 10% discount for RCI fireside that you gave me. Very disappointed. I hope the pool and whirlpool gets much cleaner before our guests arrive :(

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynette A
We have the highest standards of cleanliness and to a superior quality of customer service. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I may discuss your stay in more detail. I am not sure you stayed with us?

603-293-7526 Ext.115
Boston
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We booked the Fireside Inn & Suites at the last minute and am very happy we did! We were unsure of the area but we booked it due to the proximity to Gunstock and the good reviews. The hotel is close to the mountain - about a 10 minute drive and had everything we could have asked for. The one bedroom king suite was huge with a full kitchen, king size bed, and pull out queen sofa. Everything was clean and comfortable and made for some nice post-ski relaxation. There were two large screen plasma TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the living room - a very nice and modern touch to a somewhat not-so-modern room (though that's not a knock on the room - just that it's not the most modern accommodations - but perfectly clean and comfortable.) The king bed in the bedroom was amazingly comfortable - reminded me of the pillow top beds you get at the Westin. Really comfy! The bathroom was clean with nice amenities and the shower was HOT HOT with excellent water pressure - I didn't want to get out! Very nice after a long day of skiing. The indoor pool was heated and a great way to spend our remaining time in New Hampshire. Check in and check out was seamless. The free breakfast was ok - nothing to write home about. But it was nice to grab something quick - for free - before heading back to the slopes the next day. The location is convenient - Patrick's Pub across the street (very popular family restaurant), a liquor store, and a market - with other stores (CVS, Shaws, etc.) a few miles away. We will definitely be back to Fireside Inn next time we ski Gunstock!

Room Tip: Book a one bedroom suite with a King! The bed was so comfortable. The Queen sleeper sofa wasn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JTTravels
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fireside Inn & Suites. We have some of the largest One-bedroom suites in the Lakes region.

We are always striving to offer our guest the best service and make them fell at home.It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Sincerely
Francis Tuscano
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.

Experience the warmth of our hospitality!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
The Wolfeboro Inn
#3 of 13 in Laconia
Belknap Point Inn
Belknap Point Inn
#3 of 6 in Gilford

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!