“Lovely place to stay”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Really nice B&B - Mike was a wonderful host, recommending places to eat & making us feel at home and relaxed. Breakfast was a treat - scrumptious choices. We were pleased to be able to use the tumble dryer for a post canoe dry of our clothes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzie N

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We loved it here - great host, great breakfast and a really homely feel - delighted on all counts and we would have loved to have stayed longer. Lovely gardens and the potential to see a bear roaming around in the early morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diveguy0-1
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A beautifully restored old New Hampshire Inn, meticulously maintained. The rooms were large and comfortable. The hosts, Mike and Tina were friendly and very attentive. They know the area well. The location is convenient and yet somewhat isolated. The Inn and grounds were exceptional. The breakfast menu is very large for a B&B and the food was wonderful. I can't think of one thing that I would change and we would go back in a second.

2  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This B&B is run by Mike and Tina, who couldn't be nicer, has been recently renovated. We stayed on the first floor and had a private entrance to our room. We had a nice Jacuzzi in the room, and the first day, Tina brought wine glasses and an ice bucket for my use.
The breakfast is phenomenal with many choices.
Often, after hiking, we would sit on the porch or out on the Adirondack chairs on the lawn and enjoy the evening. This location is very close to Echo Lake and Cathedral Ledge. It is about 20 minutes to Mt Washington and those trails and 15 minutes from North Conway for restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the ground floor where I had my own entrance and didn't have to carry my lugg...
2  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 22 July 2013

What everyone else says, and more. The friendliest, warmest proprietors, lobster eggs benedict for breakfast, lovely porch, flowers and setting, cookies, complimentary wine and beer (first round). We had massages, and as I was lounging, watching the British Open with my husband in the very comfy bar area and common area with tv, games I was leafing through a book on New Hampshire. I saw a gorgeous photo of a huge waterfall, and Mike was walking by. Mike was so helpful with exact directions and advice on our 9-mile hike that day, so I asked him, "Do you know where Arathusa Falls are?" I was thinking hundreds of miles away, only for advanced climbers, and I would just have to be happy with the photo.... when he says, "12 miles up the road, on the left, it's a 1.2 mile hike to the falls, you can do it in 2 hours." That was what put this little inn over the top! We had to do the summer camp pick up by 11 a.m., I had time to wake up early, hike to the highest waterfalls in New England, get back for the best breakfast of my life (yes - the lobster eggs benedict), and get to camp on time. This was not only the highlight of our long week, but of my life. The natural beauty of New Hampshire is all around, what a joy to be able to get to experience it. This treasure costs less that the generic Hampton Inns, and it was a mini-vacation, we will be back for longer next summer.

3  Thank emilyzh
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful weekend escape in the White Mts. We were beyond pleased with the Bernerhof Inn, our chosen accommodations for our little adventure. Mike and Tina greeted us at the door, gave us a tour, and offered us a complimentary drink. Mike also made a suggestions for dinner and offered to make reservations for us. They were beyond helpful.

We stayed in Room 2, The Fryeburg. It is located on the first floor near the kitchen and Mike warned us that they start making breakfast about 8 which didn't bother us in the least. There were earplugs provided though just in case, but we never used them. The room itself was clean, the bed comfy, the A/C was great because it was very hot that weekend, and the jacuzzi was a nice touch. I prefer hardwoods so I would probably pick a different room next time even though I loved the location of our room and other than that the only other thought I had was the decorative flowers could be updated. Certainly I had no complaints and loved every minute of our stay.

We also booked a package that included massages and what a great choice that was. Our therapists, Katie and Dawn, met us 15 min before the appt began and brought us downstairs to the Serenity Wellness Studio where we enjoyed an hour long massage. I felt great after.

Overall I would definitely stay there again(and hope that I do) if I travel up that way and most certainly would recommend the Inn and the massages to friends and family.

3  Thank Mam2255
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Although we were not staying at the Bernehof we were fortunate enough to be invited for breakfast., which was really superb, freshly cooked by Mike the innkeeper, from a wide choice and beautifully served by Tina , the co host. We had a look at the rooms which are large and ensuite , all individually decorated in authentic New England Inn style. The location just outside North Conway and close to Attitash ski mountain, which is now an all season attraction is perfect- country with views but not isolated. In all I cannot think of a nicer place to stay if in the White mountains/ Mount Washington Valley area .

Room Tip: Just ask Mike or Tina for the best availablthey are certain to oblige.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank intervale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#1 of 21 in North Conway
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!