“Great Campground for families and groups”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen
Glen Ellis Family Campground
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went here for the second time this past August. It has plenty of room to play, swim and camp. As a group, we pitched tents in the open space, and also near the perimeter where a stream runs. Place has great service as the front desk provides friendly, personable check-in and check-out process. It is a great location too - peaceful, relaxing and a stone's throw away from local restaurants and StoryLand!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 8Friar4
There are newer reviews for Glen Ellis Family Campground

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is our second visit. We were here in 2005 and loved it. In '06 we got a dog. We thought that meant no more Glen Ellis. On a whim this spring I looked at the website and was thrilled to see they take dogs in September.
When we arrived the staff was apologizing for the condition of the campground since Hurricane Irene had slammed them hard with major flooding. But the place is in great shape. They are working tirelessly to fix things up. Don't hesitate to camp here. It's beautiful, clean, clean, clean and spacious, so many types of sites to choose from. Top notch service and lots to do in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank CowHampshireTrio
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My sister had raved about camping at Glen Ellis last year and had booked for a week in August. My family decided to try and book for the 2nd weekend of their stay, but all of the camp sites were booked up. The front desk person on the phone (very nice) suggested that I try calling back over the next few days to see if there were any cancellations. On the 2nd try not only did they have a site; but it was on the river, and as luck would have it, right next to my sister's family. Weird, but really lucky. We stayed on site #158. The river was very low, but all the kids had a great time playing in the water, catching minnows and exploring the low pools. The swimming hole and rope swing were only a short walk away and a lot of fun. Grounds were very well maintained, bathrooms clean. Site were level, which was appreciated as we are in a tent. The campground is in a great location. It sits between 2 rivers, one being the Saco, so it is a long peninsula. You fee like you are in the middle of the woods, but very close to Storyland, shopping and restaurants. We liked it so much we booked for 5 night next August on the same sites. Looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: River sites, especially the tent sites are worth getting if you can. The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MrYellek
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We just sated here for the first
time after being referee here by a friend. The campground is huge. Site are well placed. We had lots of privacy and space. The bathrooms and showers were clean. The river was awesome. Great for swimming and tubing. I will come back here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Mduch777
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We booked to spend a week here at the end of June going into July. We were in site 65 which was right across from the river. The site was large enough for our popup and our screen home. We found this camp ground to be spotlessly clean, the staff was so friendly and very informative about things to do in the area. It was the first campground we have been to where I felt absolutely fine about the kids hopping on their bikes and exploring. The pool was pristine (but cold) and the the kids enjoyed it! There is a small game barn with some games and an air hockey table.
You can rent tubes and float down the river. The tubes are 5 dollars for 4 hours but they are so large that we only took two and each adult grabbed a kid and went! It was fun, a short float, out a little walk and then do it again and again.
The showers were clean, they are metered so bring some quarters but they were hot and clean. I only had to wait one morning for a shower and that was only about 5 minutes.
The laundry that is attached to the campground is spotless and monitored by a very nice woman who keeps it tidy.
I read another review who said that the golf carts were noisy. I found it to be the opposite, they did patrol every hour and half or so but I thought it was great. On our first night a nice teenaged boy was patrolling and letting everyone know that a momma bear and her baby had been seen in the campground and reminding us to put away our food so that we didn't have a mess to clean up in the morning!. I also had to laundry really late one night and when I drove back in I saw the golf cart was parked in the middle of the campground with a man sitting in it monitoring, which made me fell very comfortable.... could be why it is such a well run QUIET family campground!!!
We loved it so much we added an extra night and have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: Sites near the river are wooded and gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank teachrmom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We tent camped at Glen Ellis. Our site was #85 which is along the river. The site was very private and spacious. We had out own fire pit and picnic table and our view was amazing. The campground did not feel cramped and congested. Service was great and friendly. Be sure to pack the bikes for the kids and fishing poles. The only thing I would improve on is that I wish they had more family planned activities. The was only karaoke and my kids aren't really into that.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Livanoff
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Pros:The view from this campground is breathtakingly beautiful... The river is spectacular.. Great location..

Cons:Dumpsters were overflowing..staff was unproffesional.. Loud golfcarts driving around late at night.. Took an hour to figure out our bill very unorganized bookkeeping.. Traveled with children yet there were no activities expect a couple of hours of Karoake on Sat night..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank tammyl9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Glen Ellis Family Campground? Share your experiences!