“Crystal clean campground with lovely views of the mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen
Glen Ellis Family Campground
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a true family campground. We stayed for a weekend in July and even with a full campground everything was clean and well kept. The bath houses in particular were always spotless. I would consider this to be a "quiet" campground with families, not large groups of drinking and loud campers - so we were very comfortable.
My husband hiked into the mountains and I stayed here with our daughter and felt very safe and secure.
There are plenty of activities for children to enjoy including a very cute "fountain" sort of swim area for little ones. We enjoyed the nearby river that was easy to access from our campsite. This was our first stay and we will return.

For those who like a "fairy garden" - there is a special one next to the check in main building and I took photos because it was so fun. I'd love to duplicate it for our own yard.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JudyDianne

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Only couple minutes away from Story Land the campground is great for families with kids. Ground are very big with play ground, pool, courts, arcade, access to Saco and Ellis rivers. You can get sites with water, electric and sewer hookup if you want. Nice views of mountains and rivers. Bathrooms were clean. If you are looking for a campground to stay while visitin Story Land - Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maksym N
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been camping at Glen Ellis as a family of 5 (with 3 little boys, now nearly all grown up!) for over a decade - and have LOVED it. For those griping about the management's rigorous booking & camp oversight, they might not be appreciating the positive outcome of that approach: a clean, safe, well-maintained, enjoyable experience for families. I have seen great campgrounds mismanaged over time and become noisy, dirty and unsightly. When you have little kids - and are looking for a safe, affordable way to share precious vacation time with them - this campground is a godsend.

I always thank our lucky stars that the Goff family has offered access to this unique junction of the Ellis & Sacco Rivers (a short drive to Storyland) - nicely shallow for toddlers & kids playing safely - with lovely wooded & riverside campsites (including many with electric & water), several very clean, well-maintenanced restrooms with private, hot showers (bring your quarters), playgrounds, ice cream/games lodge, a roofed party pavilion for family parties, river tubing rentals (only $10 for full day rental), large baseball field, tennis courts, volley ball court, basketball court, horseshoe pit, laundromat, camp store, free wifi in most main areas of the campground, etc.

We value the Goff's tight control to keep it a 5-star family campground. When we are sitting by an open campfire next to the river watching the stars above, or listening to the river from our tent, I feel blessed to there. I'm thankful that this hard working family isn't disheartened by the complainers - and haven't just developed the land for private vacation condos. It scares me to even think of losing this precious place. Here's to the next 35 years of Glen Ellis Family Campground!

Room Tip: Pool water is cold even in August, so brace yourself on your first plunge. Would love to see it war...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank fablevision
Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a great camp ground. Very big and family friendly. They have a pool, arcade area and many other onsite things to do. The view is beautiful. Close to Story Land and about half hour to Santa's village. Take your bikes. You have to book EARLY...the return customers book the day they leave for the next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lobstah-icas19
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Never in my life has any business been so offensive or rude. Two friends and I wanted to stay here before climbing Mount Washington. I called to make a reservation and the receptionist refused to let us camp because I told her we are all 18. She said the campground was "family- oriented" and was concerned that as teenagers we would threaten the "family atmosphere." For God Sakes, we were CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN the next day, we weren't about to tear up the campground hollering and partying. I find it extremely unprofessional and disrespectful that business would refuse service to a group of people based on stereotypes about their age. I would advise anyone looking to camp here to really think about whether they want to give business to such a rude and discriminating organization. If you need an alternative, Green Meadow campgrounds is just up the road. Please consider not supporting businesses that discriminate against any group of people, even teenagers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I haven't been camping since I was a young girl so I was really worried I'd hate it but I had so much fun!! Glenn Ellis was a huge part of that. So much to do here. Bathrooms/showers were super clean. Great time for kids and adults. Looking forward to returning to GE soon!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gottagetawayMA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After reading very positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to book reservations at the Glen Ellis Campground. We are fairly new to RV'ing but not to camping and this campground fit the bill for whatever type of camping you would want to enjoy. From full hook-ups, to 'wilderness' tent sites on the Saco River, there's something for everyone.
We were there just after Memorial Day week-end and the campground wasn't even half full. The section we were in was a 'pull thru' and even though the RV's went in 'back to back', there was enough room for your own space. The site was clean and the central grounds very well maintained and lawn manicured.
Access to both the Ellis and Saco Rivers was close by and we could see why the riverside tent sites would be so popular. There are many (RV) seasonal sites taken (May-Oct) but with over 200 sites, there's plenty left to enjoy.
The bathrooms were very clean and the amenities included a gorgeous looking swimming pool (we opted for the rivers to cool off in), tennis courts, volleyball court, baseball diamond, kids' playground, arcade barn and (public) laundry facilities. The land is level so bring your bicycles - the main 'green' is a nice, safe area to fly kites and for kids to play in. Tubing and fly fishing as well as the views are definitely a must to check out.
Downside is there's no cable and right now Wi-fi is poor to non-existent if that's what you're looking for. The staff is cordial, cheerul and helpful. The 'country store' stocks most of what you'd need (if you run out) without leaving the property. But if you need to venture out, North Conway is minutes away along with the Crawford and Pinkham Notches very close by.
We were very impressed and have already booked for next year. A definite 'gem in Glen'!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ctwix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Glen Ellis Family Campground? Share your experiences!