“Try the Indian Pudding”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Clearwater, Florida
“Try the Indian Pudding”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I like the Red Parka,I go to the lounge and ask for the pub special.The burgers are good and cooked right.The steak tips are good.There salad bar isn't what it use to be,but I do get it from time to time.I love the Indian Pudding.It has changed a lot. It was really awesome years ago.It is too expensive so if you are looking for value,stick with the pub special or a burger.Drinks are weak.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank NikkiP231
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for your review. I amcurious as to what you feel has changed on the Salad Bar. We have gone from using canned items to all freshly prepared items. Is there something that you would like to see brought back? Please let me know.

As far as price & value goes, yes we have gone up on prices. As I'm sure you know, prices have risen at an alarming rate for everything. It is even more so with steakhouses like ours. Beef prices have risen 5-8% in the last 18 months. We could compromise & buy a lesser grade of beef, or use frozen seafood, but we have opted to continue serving the best possible quality that we can. And this comes at a price. However, we do offer nightly specials and many of those are under $15. We have also included vegetable with all entrees where we used to offer it as a choice.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the Red Parka, and I hope that you will let me know your thoughts about the Salad Bar options. Thank you.
Terry O'Brien
Owner

• Polish first
Andover
“Don't confuse this place with the red fox...”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This place is pretty good, IT IS NOT FINE DINING... BUT they do a mean steak, any variety and is on par with its grilled foods with any fine dining place in the valley, the rest of the menu,...well it is a bit pub like, and good! This is a hang out for some large groups...with that in mind if your a romatic couple perehaps this isn't a great first choice, err I don't mean this place is overrun by large groups, but it is a great place for a large group to gather, they serve large groups very well where other places can fall shourt on that individualized service. We would go back. I have noticed that a few reviewers have used the work tour'st but this is not a trap like its familiar sounding "red fox" in Jackson. This is the red parka pub and is a great place to eat.

Visited January 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you appreciate our steaks & service. You commented on the fact that we might not be the right place for a romantic couple - did you know that we have an Adult Only dining area? Our Skiboose (a 1914 Flanger car) is dedicated to couples & no children. The next time you are in, please introduce yourself and let us show you the Skiboose.

I will say that during the summer months, due to our proximity to Storyland, I would recommend that guests come out after 7:30 if you are looking for some peaceful dining. It tends to get a bit noisy with all of the families here. That is one reason that we decided several years ago to offer the Skiboose as a haven for couples.

Thank you again for your review.
Terry O'Brien
Owner
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Not to pleased with the food...”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I don't feel the menu has enough choices and certainly not enough sandwiches listed. I ended up having the salad bar and a crock of Onion Soup for lack of anything better. My daughter and son in law had the grilled chicken sandwich was nothing more than a chicken breast grilled and served on a bun with a piece of lettuce and tomato. Nothing else...but in fairness to the Pub there is lots of steak on the menu and I just looked at the menu and the grilled chicken sandwich was suppose to be served with your choice of cheese and sauces of your choice..guess the waitress slipped on this one...

Visited May 2012
Boston
“Red Parka”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My boyfriend and I got a recommendation for this restaurant from our hotel. As it was close by we decided to give it a try. It is very nice inside. The service was very good but we thought the selections were a little overpriced and our food was not quite done enough. Nice place would not go back thought the prices were a little to high though.

• Visited May 2012
“Decent Food...AWESOME service!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was our first time to te restaurant - my fiancé had the buffalo tenders and I had the spudskins. Both of us thought the food was okay - nothing spectacular. However, the service was incredible - from the hostess, to the nice woman who sat us down to Kim, our cheerful waitress. The beer in mason jars was a cool touch as well. We would definitely be willing to give the food another shot during our next visit to the area.