“Junk Food”
Review of Story Land

Story Land
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: Story Land – where fantasy lives! Story Land is a safe and natural setting where children and their imaginations can run free. We provide a great value to our guests every day, with all-inclusive rides, shows & attractions, reasonably-priced admission ticket, FREE parking, and FREE pet kennels. Featuring birthday parties and character dinners, Story Land is a celebration for the young at heart. This world of fantasy is punctuated by the kaleidoscope of flowers and emerald fields of New Hampshire’s beautiful White Mountains. Timeless characters like Humpty Dumpty, the Old Woman in the Shoe, the Three Little Pigs, and Peter Rabbit came to life here in 1954.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Fun for the kiddies......Bad for their health
New owners most major improvement has been to put JUNK FOOD kiosks every 100 yards......
Bring back the old owners

2  Thank gosh_darn_1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great place for toddlers! Brought my 2 little ones and they loved it! Leave early as there's usually traffic around that area. If you're traveling from more than a couple hours away, I would try to book a hotel and spend the weekend there. Book early! There are many boutique hotels but the one most seems to stay at is the Marriott which books up pretty quick.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Visited October 5th with my family (kids are 8 and 6). We had a great time. We went on Saturday right at opening time and spent the whole day there. We had tickets in advance (Motel package) and were able to skip the long line of people waiting to purchase tickets. Instead of going right when we entered, we went left to allow our son to ride the antique cars first. After we hopped on the train and went to the loopy lab.It was not crowded at all and wait times for all rides were at most a few minutes when it was busier. Overall my kids had a wonderful time as did the adults. The bathrooms were clean and the staff was pleasant.

We did not bring lunch this time around because I didn't feel like carrying or prepping in advance. I wish I had made lunch as it would have been a lot cheaper. I would suggest that you make lunch, store it in a cooler in your car (especially easy to do during the cooler months) and then when it's lunch time, send someone to get the lunch. You can also store it in the Mother Hubbard storage lockers. They do have water bubblers throughout the park, but I would suggest buying your own before entering and walking with it, or leave in your car/locker. If you have a stroller, you can just store it there.

If you are planning a visit, I would also suggest that you leave 15-20 minutes early to avoid the end of the day traffic.

Also note, there are several of the attractions/rides that are closed after labor day (some of the water rides, the circus attraction) however it did not take away from us enjoying the day.

We will be back next fall.

4  Thank Carol Ann M
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Spent the day at Story Land and even thou our boys had a blast we were very disappointed. Got there when they opened and trash was over flowing, bathrooms had no toilet paper, no paper towels, no soap, the family bathrooms were even worst, then I got the bright idea to maybe take the boys into the "mothers room" gross gross and gross! Honestly peeing in the woods would have been a better option. Also the food was terrible not to mention the eating area was absolutely nasty! Trash over flowing, trays stacked up everywhere, condiment area looked like it hasnt been cleaned at all. Then my boys wanted Ice cream around 2:00, well guess what they decide on Saturday afternoon the machine needs to be cleaned! If this is a huge IF we ever go back, porta potty in the truck and packing lunches! I should've taken pictures of how bad it was!

2  Thank MNGODES
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My hubby had never been to Storyland in his life & I hadn't been since I was a youngster so we decided to check it out. Fun place with tons of rides and lots of food venders, great for kids of all ages. They had a late arrial deal where if you went in a couple hours prior to closing you got tickets for the next day (or any day for the season)-good deal for those staying in the area.