“Worth a stop!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Joseph's Spaghetti Shed is a family owned, family friendly restaurant that has been in business for over 30 years.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband's favorite food is spaghetti and so when we were driving down the road and saw this place we had to stop. It was exactly what I expected it to be. I can see why people complain about the atmosphere if you are going in expecting fine dining Italian, but that's not what this place is nor the way it is marketed. It's a family owned business and we really liked it inside. We were actually served by the restaurant owner and she was really sweet! I mentioned how I loved that the sodas were served in mason jars and she pointed out that she is using more jars as covers on the ceiling lights...looks really neat! Service was fairly quick even on a busy night...the bread is amazing! The spaghetti was really good and the portions were HUGE! We definitely enjoyed eating the leftovers the next day for lunch. The next time we come to the area we will definitely return. My husband even bought a tshirt!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Straight up Italian style fare, good food but pricey and atmosphere could be better. Service is good.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I don't like to complain the first time to any restaurant. I always give the place the benefit of the doubt, and wait until my second or third time before either complaining or just never returning.

This was my SECOND time to Josephs Spaghetti Shed.

I ordered two pizzas: BBQ Chicken ($8.50) & Create Your Own ($10.00), Chicken Marsala ($14.95), Meatball Sub ($9.95), and a Caesar Salad ($4).

The pizza: I've had better pizza at carnivals/bowling allys/the night after a party found on a counter. They charge you an extra two bucks to add chicken and literally put one tiny chunk on each piece. Really, really scant with all the toppings.

The Caesar salad was fine, and the meatball sub was not bad either - right there with Subway's meatball sub. Both were for my son who would eat just about anything - but I did HAVE to taste each to make sure I was giving this place a fair shake.

The worst was the spaghetti Marsala. The mushrooms and chicken were hard to find (again with the scant ingredients). I paid $14.95 for a giant container of spaghetti. The sauce was NOTHING like a Marsala sauce. $50 down the drain - which is also where most of that meal went.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have been here many times over the years and so I do not understand some of the negative reviews. Good spaghetti. Large portions. Excellent bread with garlic butter. But it is mainly spaghetti. Not much you can do to improve spaghetti. Average looking restaurant from the outside and inside. What is nice is it is one of the few restaurants in the Bartlett area, if you do not want to go into North Conway. Fine for kids. Did I mention excellent bread?

Reviewed 10 September 2013

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand the criticism about this restaurant.

We waited around 5 minutes, but used that time to look at the menu. The waitress was immensely friendly & enthusistic, the restaurant was perfectly clean and most of all, the food was outstanding.

Our biggest problem was being spoiled for choice, especially with the desserts, which were to die for, particularly the pecan butter pudding. Really good value to boot.

Highly recommended.