“Outstanding service”

and 1 more site!
Will's Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Family oriented and friendly atmosphere. We had a great time from check in to check out and the staff went above to make sure that we had everything that we needed. No request was too small or too much bother!! They are outstanding and we will be going back!

Room Tip: If more than one couple, there are cabins that have two separate bedrooms and baths. Also, the kitc...
1  Thank Rosemarie G

Reviewed 24 June 2012

A special note to owner Bev:
My parents and I stayed at Will's Inn on 6/20/12 (Rooms 2&3). I didn't get a chance to thank you for the use of the motel's lawn chairs for the picnic at my brother's condo at Attitash- my parents greatly appreciated your kind gesture. My special thanks to Donna who assisted me at check-in and check-out; she was so pleasant. And a special commendation to the housekeeping staff; the outstanding cleanliness and orderliness of the inn both inside and outside show that great pride is taken in making your inn
one of the nicest ones in the area-if not the nicest. I look forward to a return visit in the fall for shopping in North Conway. Hopefully the pool will still be open, if not, there's always the river!!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Will's Inn is a little slice of heaven on earth. Our trip was rather last minute and when we called for reservations, we were treated with good old fashioned hospitality. Something that is sorely lacking in todays cookie cutter hotels. When we arrived, we were greeted by name, how they knew, I don't know. They were warm, friendly, and genuinely glad to meet us. They gave us the key to our room along with some brochures of the areas attractions as well as some advice on some hidden treasures. When we got to our room, honestly, I was expecting the usual little things that annoy me, like mold in the bathroom. I was shocked to find a motel room so IMMACULATE! The bathroom was sparkling clean without a speck of mold. Everything was dusted, vacuumed, and neat as a pin. That night, after a day of tubing in the river (and clearly feeling my age), I just wanted a hot shower and a comfortable bed. The shower had plenty of hot water and the towels were thick and soft. Once I climbed into bed, my head was greeted by a cloud. These pillows were better than home! The bed was comfortable and plenty of blankets (until my husband came to bed and stole them on me). The area surrounding the motel was so quiet and peaceful. The grounds were pristine, not a blade of grass out of line. The ambience of the region was definately reflected in this quaint little inn. It is obvious the owners take great pride in their property. After a complimentary cup of coffee and another helpful look through the many brochures, we were bid a cheerful goodbye with the promise that we will be back! Thank you Will's Inn for a warm welcome and great memories.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank taxachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed with two adults and two young boys (7 and 4) for one night to go to Storyland. It was very convenient - less than a 10 minute ride to Storyland. The Inn is very clean and comfortable, a basic motel style. The staff is very friendly and it has a family owned atmosphere. The kids had a great time in the heated pool - very clean and warm. Out back there is a nice area for kids - there are a few swingsets (including a great new one) and a horseshoe pit - a comfortable place to relax after a long day of Storyland! The room we stayed in was fairly large and was basic but comfortable. I would recommend Wills Inn for families with young children.

Room Tip: There are many different configurations of rooms - I would say it is easiest to call and speak to th...
2  Thank Karen172
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have been staying at Wills Inn since 1999, generally during the busy season in August. I just returned form an early season visit due to my retirement. I generally have my son, his wife and two children with me but this time it was just my son and myself. I made arrangements for a single but at the last minute my son decided to go along, When we arrived we were told that some repairs were to be done over the weekend to the parking area and were accommodated at the house across the street at no additional cost either for my son or the upgrade.
I cannot think of a time when their service was less than superior and the accommodations have always been satisfactory. I find the rooms comfortable and with 5 people (and an old person getting up frequently at night) very restful. We have used all the facilities and always found them satisfying. The owners and their employees are knowledgeable and most helpful. Even after so many years they gave me directions to something very close that i had not seen or heard of before. Dianna's Bath was a pleasant hike and a beautiful and exhilarating experience. Thanks to Beverly, Mark (The owners) and Donna for yet another fine visit and if I am able to make the trip from Georgia you will see me again. I recommend this property highly.

Room Tip: If you are a group of 5 or less the rooms fronting the pool are good or the house across the street...
1  Thank PrescottLawrenceSr
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The beds were horrible and stiff. Also the pillows were flat as could be. Woke up from what little sleep I could get with a sore and aching neck and back! There was a small narrow shower not good for kids. Then when we left we forgot a valuable and irreplaceable item behind but was to far to turn around. When we noticed we called up the inn and said it wasn't there. We know for a fact it was. We called again when we got home after going through everything and the women at the front deck seemed to be annoyed that we wanted her to check the room again. So the owner called us with an attitude not having any remorse for us. I would tell anyone who does decide to go keep your valuables close and if you do leave something behind it probably won't be there. I do not recomend the Will's Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelin0607
Markdd, Owner at Will's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

It is regrettable that after my own lifetime in the customer service industry and the last 14 years as the owner of Wills Inn and other rental entities to have to abandon the philosophy that ” the customer is always right” in order to confront an outright and fraudulent attack on our family business. However, in this case my husband and feel fully justified in not only addressing this guests comments in a truthful and honest manner but also in actively pursuing legal remedy for totally incredulous allegations and exposing how such media as Trip Advisor- that so many of us rely upon as a useful tool in planning our family vacations and travel - can be turned into a weapon of blackmail by the unscrupulous few.
The comments that this person has left on Trip Advisor are without exception flagrantly false and fictitious following his failed attempt to extort financial restitution for the loss of the so called irreplaceable precious item that he states was left behind at our property - What he negates to disclose, of course, is that the “precious item” consisted of a large hunting knife that he informed us was placed on the top of an efficiency cabinet out of the reach of his children.
We were initially astonished that someone would bring such a weapon on a family outing to Wills Inn and Story Land – however a closer study of his statement easily reveals the intentions of these flagrant claims and following consultation with our Chief of Police, the Director of the Chamber of commerce and our attorney we have no hesitation in revealing the true intentions of this persons conduct. Please consider the following facts and arrive at your own determination of his intentions:

1. These guests had no reservation and arrived as “walk-ins:” at our Inn obviously finding it attractive enough to stop and initially book a single night in one of our most popular efficiencies that had only been available through a last minute cancellation. For this reason the guests were welcomed and given the room at the normal nightly family discounted rate instead of the correct Memorial Holiday Rate and our 2 night Holiday minimum was also ignored to accommodate them. Returning to the guests comments is it not questionable that had they found the accommodation so uncomfortable that they would pass by the office the next morning and extend their stay for another night – no comments or complaints about the room but only an attempt to get the room for the second night at a much reduced rate which we did not facilitate. Had things been anywhere near as bad as stated why did they reserve and stay a second night? AND NOT make comment or ask for a change of room?

2. At this point it is also important to realize that these were the first guests to occupy this particular room following full spring cleaning in preparation for a busy summer which of course included our customary replacing of all pillows and examination and replacement of bedding and furnishings where necessary. It is unlikely that such important features such as bedding would be ignored by us following a busy winter and Spring that has witnessed the upgrading our Inns facilities which have included total re roofing of the entire property, resurfacing of our pool area, the building of 3 extra large children’s play areas, the complete exterior painting of the Inn and the entire tear out and rebuild of two of our older units to mention only part of the $120,000 worth of renovations and upgrades we have done in the past 6 months. The complaints about the bedding and pillows are fictitious.

3. The comments on the small shower size would indicate that almost every standard 36 inch shower installed in every hotel and home in the USA would then fall into the same sad undersized category.

4. He claims that “the girl on the front desk” was rude to him. No one spoke to this man after check out about this matter other than me and as owner and manager of this property and a lifetime of experience in customer service I can irrevocably declare that he was treated with respect and courtesy despite my alarm the nature of the precious object that he states was misplaced.

5. I was also the person that received his call following his departure stating he had left the Hunting knife (the precious object) on top of the cabinet. Naturally concerned for people safety I immediately went to the unit and conducted a thorough search and in fact was so unnerved by the nature of the call that I returned again with our head housekeeper in case either of us had been mistaken. There is nothing questionable. There was no hunting knife left in this unit otherwise we would have discovered it and believe me our concern for the nature of the object ensured a thorough search of the property.

6. If the hunting knife ever existed would it not have been more effective to place the item in his personal luggage or in the vehicle discreetly hidden than on the top of a kitchen cabinet?

7. On calling the guest back to inform him that there was no sign of the knife he became angry and rude accusing our housekeeping of theft and demanding the restitution of $76 for the loss of the “priceless-Irreplaceable” object. Our Head Housekeeper is a sprightly 76 years young and as sharp as a tack but does not spend her spare time killing and skinning wildlife but better spends it brightening the lives of her relatives with her compulsive and often obsessive research into genealogy. And in any event had the “precious object” have been left where he stated- she would never have even been able to see it, especially as the room was treated as a carry over for full cleaning the following day when it was less hectic. This means she would have entered the room to remove trash and secure windows plus remove wet towels only then leave the room for cleaning the following day. The insinuation that a 76 year old housekeeper that has been with us for the past 14 years and 9 years with the previous owner is absolutely absurd. This is the first time in our 14 years at Wills Inn that such allegations have been made.

8. Despite the angry comments I went over everything yet again in case we had missed something and called him back when he made several threats if we would not pay restitution. I correctly refused. If this man truly believed that someone had taken his hunting knife that apparently accompanies him and his family on their vacations why did he not simply call the police?

In conclusion there was never any hunting knife or any other precious irreplaceable item that cost $76 left at our Inn. This is a very unfortunate case of a person using the threat of character assassination on the media to extort money from an honest and truthful family business. We refuse to submit to it and intend to make an example of this case. To this end all legal remedies are presently being researched. We hope that the editorial staff at Trip Advisor will recognize this situation and either remove the offensive attack or publish our response in full in order that honest people may judge for themselves. Our family puts 100% into our work at Wills Inn and is more than prepared to vigorously defend our reputation from such an outrageous attack. We are supported by our local police, our Local chamber of commerce and our legal representation who all concur with our findings. We would ask the staff at Trip Advisor to read the facts and arrive at their own conclusion.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Signed
Beverley Dryjas - owner

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Easy place to stay for a weekend vacation. Basic accommodations. But super friendly staff that are very helpful. Also super discounted lift tickets as a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
Bartlett Inn
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Perry's Motel & Cottages
Perry's Motel & Cottages
#3 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Will's Inn? Share your experiences!