“Food is outstanding, service hit or miss”

White Mountain Cider Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US Route 16
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Absolutely agree with those who praise the food - it is one of the best in the valley - 5 out of 5 rating. But when we went for anniversary, the service almost spoiled it, hence the lowered rate. I had noted 'vegetarian' on the reservation, and the host must have seen that so she said our waiter would describe the veg. options. However, when our waiter came over, she started describing their specials, all meat. When I explained that we are vegetarians, she just stared, looked confused and mumbled a very disappointed 'Oh'. She didn't bring the second glass of water that was requested and just seemed genuinely bored or confused by the thought of waiting on us. It wasn't busy so there was not too much competition for her attention. The night was saved by the presentation of dinner, but as a waiter, I suspect she had nothing to do with that. We asked to split a couple of vegetarian items and they all appeared perfectly plated as if each were its own entree. The only reason I bring up the waiter is that I have heard the same comments from others about other waiters. 'Food is excellent, but the wait staff not so much'. However despite our bad experience, I heartily recommend this restaurant because their menu always trumps any disappointing service, and we've had good service on other occasions.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We walked in on a Saturday night right during prime dining hours, and they found a table for us. Overall they were very welcome, and the service was quite pleasant. The food was very good - the lobster risotto was delicious, and my friend enjoyed his salad and pork chop. The chicken that I ordered was cooked and spiced well, but the pasta it sat on was lumpy and had way too much sauce. There was a bit too much salt in everything as well.

Also, I would say that the prices are a little too high - they're equivalent to a mid-range Manhattan restaurant, but the food isn't uniformly up to that standard. Perhaps they don't have enough competition.

Overall, though, it was a nice meal in a nice restaurant.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I went to dinner there for our 25th wedding anniversary and we have to say the White Mountain Cider Co. is one of the best in the area. Sarah our waitress was exceptional, definitely the best service we had in the area. Food was outstanding and they have an excellent bar selection. Whenever my wife and I are in the North Conway area this one restaurant we will be coming back to,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I have been to many fine restaurants in the White Mountain area of New Hampshire. However, we find that the White Mountain Cider Company is the best. You should make a reservation since it's not that big. However, the food is definitely gourmet. Seafood and steaks are outstanding. Whenever we go to New Hampshire we make it a point to dine there. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny.

1  Thank julesmass
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for good food and drinks close to our B&B and that's exactly what we found! We sat at the bar where Robert was our bartender and server. Robert was very knowledgable and recommended drinks for us. He even gave us a taste of his vanilla tequila which was fantastic. We had the charcuterie board and roasted beets to start and the veal special for our entree. All was so tasty! While the food was fantastic, my favorite part were the drinks. I had the twig and berries which was just sweet enough. Very fruity and delicious. I also had the sangria which was also perfectly fruity. Great place overall!!

1  Thank Eva R