“LOVED OUR DINNER! cannot wait to return”

White Mountain Cider Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US Route 16
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Husband and I made this dinner our entire night out. Enjoyed the wine, enjoyed the company and enjoyed the food most of all. wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited again last evening, & without a doubt, it continues ifs fine reputation. Their nightly specials really are special with a very creative flair. The Bartender "Mixologists" make a point of being entertaining & knowledgeable, but great bartenders first. Demand for seating continues to be high, so call ahead. The nightly "Special" Beef & Chorizo Goulash Soup appetizer was splendid. It rivaled and, perhaps, surpassed authentic hungarian goulash. The skate wing w/ pastrami hash & mushrooms "Special was creative & tasty, as well".
I previously wrote: "The White Mountain Cider Company rounds out the "top 3" fine dining restaurants In the Valley. They like to take reservations for seatings at 6:30pm and @ 8:00 pm ... to properly turn tables... The atmosphere is rustic New England, and the service is professional and friendly. The home made potato chips with 4 different dipping sauces are a great way to start the evening meal, as are the crab cakes. If Weinerschnitzel w/ red cabbage is on the menu, it's a must. Lastly, during the day, and not to be missed, are the apple cider donuts that are sold in the gift shop out back. They often are "just made" and warm."...

1  Thank KVM101
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

All that can be said is amazing! After a long day hiking, my wife booked a table online for us. We were able to get back to the Buttonwood, clean up and be there for our dinner appointment right on time. The place is clean, the staff friendly, the food was excellent with a wonderful presentation!
You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Beet appetizer and crab cakes appetizer were outstanding. Cocktails are masterpieces and at least one must be delicately sipped.

Entrees after that were trying to rise to that very high bar. I think they got there, but honestly who cared. (I had more than one cocktail.)

Make reservations. Expensive side but worth it.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Absolutely agree with those who praise the food - it is one of the best in the valley - 5 out of 5 rating. But when we went for anniversary, the service almost spoiled it, hence the lowered rate. I had noted 'vegetarian' on the reservation, and the host must have seen that so she said our waiter would describe the veg. options. However, when our waiter came over, she started describing their specials, all meat. When I explained that we are vegetarians, she just stared, looked confused and mumbled a very disappointed 'Oh'. She didn't bring the second glass of water that was requested and just seemed genuinely bored or confused by the thought of waiting on us. It wasn't busy so there was not too much competition for her attention. The night was saved by the presentation of dinner, but as a waiter, I suspect she had nothing to do with that. We asked to split a couple of vegetarian items and they all appeared perfectly plated as if each were its own entree. The only reason I bring up the waiter is that I have heard the same comments from others about other waiters. 'Food is excellent, but the wait staff not so much'. However despite our bad experience, I heartily recommend this restaurant because their menu always trumps any disappointing service, and we've had good service on other occasions.