“Bad Pool areas”

Storybook Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The family and I have visited Storybook Inn for years. We missed last year since we decided to try another hotel. We were disappointed with our visit this year. On our previous visits, the indoor and outdoor pools were great. Plus, the indoor and outdoor spas worked.
On our current visit, we found the outdoor pool cloudy and green. They also had a garden hose feeding water into the pool. Of course, that caused the water to be really cold.
The indoor pool was a little cleaner but still had a little green color. In addtion, it was cold and not heated. I remember the indoor pool used to have a comfortable temperature.
The indoor spa did not actually work. The jets were really weak and it was not very hot. In addition, the paint was chipping off into the water.
The outdoor spa seemed to work, but it was not really hot.
Overall, the staff was really friendly and helpful. It does appear that the Inn's maintenance has become very laxed, compared to our previous visits. I also noticed that the price did not match the original price list, when I checked out online. Somebody else, on TripAdvisor, noticed that also.
I doubt we will visit again. That is too bad since we did enjoy our visits in the past.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I took a trip to NH to take our 2 year old to Storyland. We chose this hotel because it was so close to the theme park. I usually research every hotel that we stay in and if I had looked on trip advisor first, I would have known to stay away from this place, but for some reason I didn't look into it beforehand. This place is straight out of the 50s and has not been touched since then.

Pros: ???

Cons: The pool was very old and dirty (We only saw the outside pool, so not sure what the indoor one looked like). The small tv in the room came in fuzzy. When we turned the water on to give our daughter a shower the water came out rusty and ran brown for about 5 minutes, ew! The towels were very rough and had stains on them, also ew. There were bugs throughout the room. The sliding glass door that lead to the patio did not lock! We propped a chair up against the handle in hopes that it would stop someone from breaking in. There are several buildings to this place and we were placed in one further back. We were the ONLY people in the entire building. So sketchy! We were only there for one night, so we didn't do anything about it and after being in the park we were so exhausted that we just decided to deal with it, but under any other circumstances we would have gone to a different hotel. I also noticed that the prices listed under the rates section on their website were way lower than what we were actually charged. Supposed to be $125 for a weekday and we were charged $140. If I had known what we were getting into I would not have even paid the $125. Definitely DO NOT recommend this place to anyone!!! EW, EW, and EWWW!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Checked in for five nights on spur of the moment whilst touring USA, very surprised to find somewhere but extremely quiet with loads of rooms spare (strange as other places were full during this week, 4th July!)
Room was clean and adequate although coffe making facilities would have been nice.
Negative side, washing machine was unplugged so rather than just plug it in I went to reception to see if it was ok, I was told that the maintenance guy would come and see, 30 minutes later and after having seen him walking around, I got fed up with waiting and went to a local launderette.

Outside pool was a tad cold for my liking, the indoor pool area is great, very spacious and pool warm. Hot tubs are weird, warm but no real jets!

Great wifi around pool area, room sliced with new towels EVERY DAY....

Would stop there again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bazzag61
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I've been by this place many times on the way to Storyland, so decided to look it up on line. They were offering a June special for $89 a night. Generally, I like to book online however there seemed to be a conflict with the pricing when booking online and the pricing listed on their website. I called multiple times, only to hear that the front desk was closed. I finally left a message and someone did get back to me. She told me there was a problem with the website. I booked 2 nights and waited for my e-mail confirmation. I never received it, so I called to confirm. I called many times and kept getting the same message stating front desk was closed. I finally got in touch and apparently she had the incorrect e-mail. She stated she would send me confirmation. I still never received one. The day we arrived for check-in, it was around 5p.m. I was crossing my fingers that we even had a room since I still never received a confirmation email. When we arrived, the place was like a ghost town. The office sign was lit, however there was no one around. There was a note on the door, stating if we needed assistance to go to the Main Inn. I walked into what I thought was the Main Inn, however it was dark. Went back to the car and place a call. Luckily, I reached a person. She stated she would send someone to the office to help us. Check-in was no problem. We arrived in our room, only to find NO towels. So I had to make another call to get some. We found out that the indoor hot tub had no jets, kind of a bummer since it was pouring rain. Water was luke warm. Indoor pool, water was definitely not heated. It was as cold as the outdoor pool. I noticed in a previous review back in August of 2012, that there was a problem with the hot tub, however wanted to give this place the benefit of the doubt. Overall, the place was passable. Room was clean; however this place is just past its prime. It was so odd; we were there for two nights and only saw one other guest staying there. Wondering how a place like this can stay in business. Upon, check out we just left the keys in our room and left. Again, office had no one around and place was like a ghost town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank trevdansmom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This is a very nice inn and suites that is locates right about in the middle of all the attractions around Conway and Jackson in New Hampshire.There in an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tug.Very friendly staff,very large rooms,some have a door between them for your convience if you need more then a room.The only complaint I had was the light over the table was out in the room too far and I hit my head on it a lot.It should be in over the table more.You couldn't ask for more helpful staff.Seems like every where we go in New Hampshire the people at these places are very pleasant.You can walk to one of the finest resturants in N.H.,the Train Depot.just across the road.Up around the corner is the Story Land attraction.Just a few miles the other way is Conway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Arnold S
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stayed at the Storybook inn on October 6th for our son's birthday.Cost 179.85 for one night,no internet,no free breakfast,no heat !!!! Went to NH because our son wanted to go to Mount Washington to celebrate it. Terrible week-end to go there as it was so jam packed due to the Columbus day week-end. I sure wished that I was smart enough to check with TripAdvisor before we decided to go.We had stayed in other inns years ago and they were great compare to this one.Even the gas prices there were higher there than here in Mass,right Columbus day week-end.At check-in the woman told us we would have 2 queen beds,well they were just full size beds,guess she dosen't know a full from a queen bed.Even though this inn was close to Mt Washington,we would of been better off traveling further to get a cheaper and better room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeri77
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room was clean and well maintained. It is not a fancy place, and the rates are certainly not cheap so the value is not exceptional. It is located very close to Mt Washington and several other hiking spots and is easy to find..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HamTrin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
6 mi away
#2 of 3 in Intervale
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Storybook Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!