“Great apres hike late lunch and coffee”

White Mountain Cafe & Bookstore
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Gorham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have made stopping here after hiking a good habit. Perfect place to have a late lunch, open to 4 o'clock and no one rushes you to get out of there but they will start to clean up around you! The sandwiches, desserts and coffee are excellent. My husband's latte was served in a giant cup that the Mad Hatter himself would have enjoyed.
The bookstore is fun to browse while waiting for food to be served. There's wifi but I have never needed to use it but I notices a few other people using their computers.
Nice people.

1  Thank Amy P

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Adorable mix of an eclectic bookstore and a coffee shop. Fresh baked goods, wide variety of coffees, teas and lattes and sandwiches made to order. Great stop in downtown Gorham NH.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Just got home from grabbing what I call a "designer coffee" - and thought it was time I left a review here. Since I don't drink much coffee these days, when I DO have a cup, I want it to be good, and not the stuff you get at the bulk coffee counters at the gas stations...

The coffee at the White Mountain Café IS good. It's just that simple. I personally find the counter area where you get your coffee to be a little "crowded" - but that's kind of splitting hairs, now, isn't it?

I think it's a wee bit pricey - but again, since I don't have it every day, it's a little indulgence for me. I can't talk about the food today since it's been probably over a year since I've had a sandwich there (and I thought it was a little pricey then), but if I do try another sandwich, I'll report back.

Anyway, if you need a good cup of coffee and you're driving through, stop in!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Had an excellent panini & iced coffee after a morning hike, service was friendly. I also took a bowl of Butternut Apple Soup to-go for dinner that night - delicious!! Their book store had a nice variety for their size & some nice gifts to take home to our children :-)

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Got a sandwich and treats for a walk and I can't tell you how good they were! Maybe it was because the walk was lovely too but seriously, the food was good. Coffee smell great even though I didn't have any.