“Excellent experience”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Italian, Pub
Ballston Spa, New York
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to Saalt Pub while staying in Gorham over a long weekend. For northern New Hampshire, the menu is perhaps a little unusual, but both of us had a hard time deciding what to get because there were many things we would have enjoyed trying. I ended up getting the Cambodian Bowl while my wife got a salad. We shared a crabmeat risotto appetizer. Everything was wonderful. We will have no hesitation in returning the next time we are in the area. I also liked there selection of craft beers.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David T

York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We came across the Saalt Pub by doing a Trip Advisor search after a full day in the White Mountains and decided to give it a try. The ambiance is as close to a British Pub as I've seen in the States, although the decor has more style than most pubs or restaurants. There is a good choice of regional beers--we had draft beers from Moat (NH), the Shed (VT) and Sebago (ME). I had the New England chowder with bread, my husband had a burger, and my daughter had the Thai Market fish of the day. All were excellent and perfectly prepared. We are staying quite a distance from Gorham but are looking for reasons to go back there again just to eat at Saalt. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ispahan1
Frankfort, KY
“Great find!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove over an hour to eat here due to the Tripadvisor reviews. They didn't lie. One of our favorite meals in NH! The fries and burgers were great and they have a great selection of beers. Worth the drive!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank KentuckyKate
Vista, California
“Big city meal in a small newhampshire town”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When we pulled into Gorham, New Hampshire on the first leg of a 9-day vacation, we were happily surprised to find that this little town served up big city meals. The proprietor of our B&B recommended the Saalt Pug to us and were we ever glad that he did. No doubt, Saalt is small -- there are just a few tables and a long bar -- and the menu is fairly limited, but that just means that the chef, Liz, is able to concentrate on doing the limited dishes extremely well.

I chose The Cambodian and the carmelized pork was tender and flavorful, well-balanced by the noodles. The sauce just brought it all together. The portions were large, and at only $13 a real bargain. They also had a great merlot by the glass.

The staff at Saalt was friendly and the service was attentive. Saalt exceeded my expectations.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Marc N
“What a spectacular find.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner here based upon the recommendation of the front desk at Mt. Madison Inn. It was so good words won't do justice. My wife had the summer vegetables with nut crusted chicken. She shared some with me. I'm not a big vegetable fan, but this was fantastic. I had a bowl of New England Chowder and home made bread. Thought I had died and gone to heaven. All of this with an extremely reasonable price. The pub is small, but the food is as good as you'll have anywhere.

• Visited June 2014