“Great value for money”

Top Notch Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Exceptionally clean, great value and very friendly local service.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Our first impression was positive: the grounds are beautifully planted and well maintained. We were fortunate to be located in the Mt. Madison room, on the second floor above the office. It was very bright and cheery, with windows on two sides. We were right next to the road, but weren't bothered by road noise. The room was exceptionally clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful. We walked to the downtown area. There are a couple of nice restaurants nearby, with discounts for staying at the inn. It was an easy drive to Mt. Washington. Wifi connection was a little spotty. Great value. We would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Plaistow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Nice, clean rooms, friendly staff. Have stayed here a couple of times, and it's going to be the only place from now on. Central location with two great resturants within a stones throw. The staff even helped us with pictures w/"Sir stands a lot". We highly recommend this place !!
Mike B.
May 27, 2012
Room 112

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Last weekend I was looking to stay somewhere in Northern New Hampshire the evening before I headed up to Mt. Washington to go hiking. I came across the Top Notch Inn after cruising through the nice town of North Conway NH. We were looking for a place that was comfortable and affordable and the Top Notch was it!! The rooms were very clean and the staff was so kind. I will be telling my other hiking friends to stay at the Top Notch for sure! I am looking forward to returning later this summer for more outdoor activities. Thanks so much for the beautiful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I went with my husband to reserve a room for our anniversary, three weeks ahead of time. I asked if it would be possible to see a room before making a reservation and the lady told me "You can't afford to stay here." I was speechless. I have no idea why she said that, but I was so embarrassed. I told her that I had already looked the inn up online, that I knew what their rates are, and that it wasn't an issue. She looked at us and said, "You really don't want to stay here." Her point made, we left.

I travel a lot for business and have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in New York City, DC, and oversees and I have never been told by anyone that I "couldn't afford" their services. I didn't ask for a discount or any type of special rate. From the other reviews here, it must be great to be in the special class of people that can stay at this cheap looking motel in the middle of nowhere.

We ended up staying at Mt. Madison which was cheaper and had completely redone rooms with brand new furniture, TVs, and a much nicer pool.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank carolyn c
Travelinman6969, Manager at Top Notch Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
We sincerely apologize if you had a bad experience while stopping by our motel. We do not recall the incident, and our staff is very professional and friendly. We will continue to improve our customer service and thank you for the opportunity for us to further improve. We hope you enjoy your time here in Gorham New Hampshire.
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Out trip to Northern New Hampshire was awesome. We traveled the north country area. We have previously stopped in North Conway but this year decided to keep heading north. It was fun. Stayed at the top NOtch two nights. It definitely was a good value. Room was recently redone and the colors were nice. Quiet and clean. Would definitly return again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Thank you for staying with us, and for your compliments. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in the "north country" and that you found us here in Gorham. We do take pride in our recently remodeled rooms, and the cleanliness of the property all around. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Indian Head, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2012

In October of this year, 2011, my dad, brother, brother's girlfriend and I took a road trip to New England. One of our destinations was to see Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. We came across Top Notch Inn, and we were lucky enough to get the "Pinkham". It is not a hotel 'room', but rather it is an apartment inside the motel.

From the outside, it looks like every other motel room - exterior door - like a typical low priced motel. However, once you stop inside, you go into a foyer area where you may hang jackets and coats. Then, once you go through another door. you will find a fully furnished and stocked kitchen, dining room, living room and a 1/2 bath, and upstairs, you will find three very large bedrooms and another bathroom!! It was unbelievable, and just plain COOL! The Pinkham had a back screen door as well leading right to a restaurant.

The apartment was warm, cozy and beautiful. Everything needed was included - a fridge, microwave, stove, dishes, pots, pans, books to read, chairs, couches, a dining room table and chairs, beds, dressers, closets, tables, tvs and the typical items such as towels, toiletries and even cute little trinkets to spruce the place up! It was so nice that I could probably live there comfortably - I did NOT want to leave!

The staff were extremely friendly, everything was clean and safe, and we had a great time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Tara G
Travelinman6969, Manager at Top Notch Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Tara we're happy to see you enjoyed your experience here at the Top Notch Inn! The Pinkham House is one of our customers favorite accommodations, and we agree it is quite special. We welcome you back to Gorham NH again this year for another special stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
#2 of 4 in Jackson
Bartlett Inn
Bartlett Inn
#1 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Top Notch Inn? Share your experiences!