“cozy and quaint”
Review of Top Notch Inn

Top Notch Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We decided to stay here because we were on our motorcycle and there were favorable reviews on trip advisor from motorcyclists. On the night we were there, there was a Canadian Motorcycle Club staying at the motel and were were assigned a room next to their group. They certainly were having a fun time. I know this because they were right out side of our room drinking and smoking.

The staff was friendly and checked us in promptly. There was a coupon for J's right available at the office. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. I liked the dual flush toilet. Once our neighbors settled down, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TopNotchInnMgmt, Owner at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thanks so much for the favorable review! We try to accommodate all sorts of travelers, and to make sure they are comfortable. Please come back and see us soon.

There are newer reviews for Top Notch Inn

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The title says it all. From the initial contact with the front desk staff on check in ( you never get a second chance to make a first impression ) to the check out it was nothing but a great experience. The staff on the front desk were pleasant and helpful. The room had been renovated and everything was new and tastefully decorated. All amenities were in service and the grounds are kept impeccably clean. We highly recommend the Top Notch Inn. There are several eating establishments within walking distance. There are discount coupons available at the front desk for several restaurants and area attractions. The staff didn't try to upsell/push any certain business they were more concerned about your needs/wants.
Basically, a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: July 2014

Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to write us this stellar review! The staff does an excellent job here at Top Notch, and it's nice to see them recognized. We appreciate all of your thoughtful words and details of your experience. We hope to see you again soon:)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice surroundings, quiet and peaceful. Centrally located to all of Gorhams attractions. Pool and hot tub clean and well maintained.
Room was clean but had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. No room to store any gear or hang up any garments. The toilet paper roll was in your ear when using the toilet.
Nevertheless I would stay there again, good value and service for the price paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
TopNotchInnMgmt, Owner at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

So glad you found us to be good value and service! Curious to know what bathroom you found small. We're glad you found the pool and hot tub clean and well maintained. Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Top Notch is a very nice motel centrally located to attractions in the White Mountains. My family and friends have stayed here for 2 years and we will be coming back next year. It is halfway between Storyland and Santa's Village which made it super easy for visiting both attractions. The pool is beautiful and made it great for gathering for dinner in the evening. The owners and operators are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable with refrigerators and microwaves. There are tables and chairs in the rooms which is great when you are traveling with kids. Free internet is always a plus for me when traveling and they have it at The Top Notch Inn. Gorham is a nice little town with several family friendly restaurants. We always choose take out and eat at the pool with the kids. I would recommend the Top Notch Inn to anyone traveling in the North Conway area with children.

Room Tip: I like a room close to the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TopNotchInnMgmt, Owner at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

We're happy you enjoyed you stay here with us Geni-Ann! We know you are not from Gorham, but enjoy vacationing here. Thanks so much for all of the compliments, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in the all new Mount Moriah Cottage. This new addition to Top Notch Inn took my breath away. This cottage was amazing, absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever stayed in and I have traveled quite a bit throughout my life. I am a builder by trade and was so impressed with the quality of work and the attention to detail that the owners took in restoring this house into what I believe to be the most beautiful place again that I have ever stayed in. I truly feel blessed and can't wait to return. Thank you so very much for by far the most amazing vacation we have ever had. Sincerely J. Hackley/C Hayes

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TopNotchInnMgmt, Owner at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Our first review of Mt Moriah Cottage! We really enjoyed having you stay and that you appreciated the cottage so much! We look forward to your return visits since you have reserved the cottage a few more times this season. Thanks so much for the rave review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed for the weekend was nice except our room was around corner from the parking lot and WiFi was quite bother sum kept cutting in and out otherwise was nice place*********************

• Stayed: June 2014
TopNotchInnMgmt, Manager at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks for staying with us, and taking the time to write a review. We thought we had super strong internet service, and this is the first we have heard that it cuts out. If you could let us know what room you were in we would appreciate it so we can improve. Hope to see you again some time soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Worst beds I have ever experienced. Both my son and I had back pain after after sleeping on matresses that must have been 20 years old. Also, I asked for a one hour extension of time to check out and was told it would be an extra $20 for each room. I have been staying in hotels and motels for over 40 years and never had a problem getting a late check out. I will say, two good things, staff was friendly, and accommodating, except for the late check out, and the room was clean. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job and folded my night gown and robe and put them on the bed. Also, they fixed my son's bed so that he could have extra cover sheet, had shared one with kids night before, and he did not even ask for it. So I would say we were 50% satisifed and 50% unsatisfied. Probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. Our beds are new, being replace just last year. We have not had complaints about the beds until now, but we are researching this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We apologize for not giving you a late check out, but we had a large group arriving, and were striving to get the rooms prepared for them. We are happy you enjoyed our housekeeping, they are wonderful:)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Mt Madison Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Top Notch Inn? Share your experiences!