“keep away from Gorham Motor Inn”
Review of Gorham Motor Inn

Gorham Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Gorham B&B and Inns
“keep away from Gorham Motor Inn”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Worst experience with any hotel ever
The office was locked, paper sign saying it is close, no one answers bell or phone, and after we had to spend a night in car in their parking lot thay refused to refund us.
Please stay away from them. These rude people don't deserve to serve any customers

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gorhaminn, Owner at Gorham Motor Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
It is not our policy to respond to guest reviews, but we believe that it is very important to explain the facts here for all those good travelers who stay all around the world. When reservation is made through a travel agency, as this person had, then they get a confirmation email which can be printed. One of the conditions written in the email apart from cancellation policies is that the office close at 11.30 pm and that guests should contact the motel if they are arriving later, so that arrangements can be made for there arrival. This guest did not do that. But we kept the office open for another one hour. He still did not show up. We then left a note on our main office door informing him is bold letters of his room number and that the keys are in the door. All he had to do was open the lock and go in. We further gave him a emergency telephone number to call for assistance. And if this was not enough there is a lit up door bell just beside the front door for any guest to call as many lock themselves out.
If the guest slept in the car then one would have thought that he would knock the front door first thing in the morning. But he has never contacted us directly. He contacted the travel agency some 6 days later. It is not fair that we should loose our business as a result of other persons mistake.
We would leave it for our readers to decide the conclusion for themselves. We work hard to ensure that we serve all our guests in a courteous and professional manner. Based on some past remarks we have renovated all of our property with a brand new swimming pool as well. We are still in the process of upgrading it. Whilst we are not perfect and things do go wrong at times the motel enjoys excellent remarks from our guests when they leave.
We regret that the guest has chosen this public forum to exert his frustrations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Had no choice as it was the last room in Gorham.I should have slept in my truck.My wife and myself plus our 2 sons was going atving for 3 days and it was a last moment decision.I pd around 109.00 for the 4 of us.The kids slept from being so tired but I was up all night from the bed having a big dip in the mattress.I actually rolled onto the floor 1 time.The night manager was very nice but the room was so smelly and dirty.My wife was like you have got to be [--] me !!She was a divorce (lol)Dont waste your time unless your so drunk you wont notice it being so bad.Lucky for us I was going to Mt Madison 2 minutes up the street and that was a big relief seeing how nice that place was .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emo v

Travellers are raving about these Gorham hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Overall this was a decent place to stay for the price. It had the cheapest price in the White Mountains for Labor Day Weekend. The room was very rustic and small, but it was clean. The bathroom was another story however. Cracked mirror, cracked floor tiles, cracked wall tiles, and the toilet was not very well attached to floor. The town of Gorham is a little far from the center of activity in the White Mountains, but at least you don't have to sit in endless North Conway traffic.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CoasterTycoon1
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

We came into town late and while all the other motels had no vacancies, this place had rooms. I can see why. We had called other places and one motel said this would be the last place they would recommend. The room is old and outdated. The carpets are stained and I did not walk in my bare feet. The furniture was old and chipped and scratched. There were clean towels and clean sheets, though. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The sink in the bathroom was clean, the toilet seemed OK, but the bathtub was dirty and had hairs in it. There was cable tv, a phone, air conditioning, and a small fridge. We stayed here because we had business in town the next day and everything else was full. The people at the front desk were very nice, though, and the motel is centrally located. I would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mountaingirl022
United States
Reviewed 23 August 2012

If you go through the Gorham area and need a simple and clean place to bed for the night Gorham Motor Inn will do just fine. The owners of the place are courtesy, honest, and have a great sense of humor, two things that can really help when traveling. This is not your deluxe luxury accommodations, so for those of you who need your tushy pampered look elsewhere, but for those of us on more of a budget and just need a simple place then I recommend it. Also a good strong wifi connection.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I found this place on a Google search. It's very conveniently located right off the main highway. The owner and his wife were super friendly and helpful. I like the fact that it's a mom and pop operation instead of a corporate chain. I was alone, and my room was only $48 - a fantastic deal!

The place is old, but very clean and fully equipped. My room had everything - TV, AC, small frig, wi-fi, plenty of freshly cleaned towels etc., and a great shower! I had dinner down the street at Mr. Pizza - another great find. It's a great restaurant with low prices and a great variety of good food. There seemed to be numerous other great choices also. The haddock tenders(they call then Neptune Nuggets) - were fantastic!

When you step outside your room, you are looking right at the White Mountains and superb scenery. It's close to all the best hiking trails and numerous other destinations. There is a swimming pool if you need it.

I see some of the other reviews and it's hard to believe they were at the same place. My experience was wonderful and I will go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Granby, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Well I'm glad I'm not alone to see that this motel is the worst I've seen in the region. we present July 30, 2012 we made the reservation by internet, we ask you to pay on arrival right away with our credit card, what we did, then we went to see the room that we had give ....... it was one of the worst place we ever been'' the room smelled of damp and contain'' we have 3 children so not a place for them in one of our most child has a health problem. we return to office for another room, we ask you why?? and they have told us that we were in New Hampshire and that it was normal or humidity the other room was a little less bad but still not good enough to let my kids sleep in this room. we request a refund but it was impossible'' policy'' motel after successfully get a refund of 50% we were in another hotel Gorham Royalty Inn 130 Main Street, Gorham, NH 03581
I hope that it will $ 121 will use pay the febrezze to put some pleasant smell in their rooms

Pierre

Room Tip: Gorham Royalty Inn 130 Main Street, Gorham, is verry good place for the same price