“Awesome place for a family to stay”

Mt Madison Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Mt Madison Inn and Suites had everything that we needed for a family of 4. We went in June and did a Santa's Village weekend. Our room was spacious and clean. Everyone there was welcoming and accomodating The kids swam endlessly while playing in the bouncy house. We would recommend staying to anyone. - Susie

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mt Madison Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here with our 2 teen sons while we hiked Mt. Washington for the weekend. The service was really great, the people were friendly and incredibly helpful especially the evening we returned as weary, sore hikers! The rooms are well kept, the pool very well maintained and lots of extras for little kids....nice to see a place so welcoming to families!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for whatever you need....for instance, rooms come with coffee, we only drink tea...
1  Thank Tracy J
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I came up for the Jericho atv event. We booked a room at this hotel. It was nice and accommodating as well as centrally located. But the woman running the place named Jamie made the stay even better. She treated us like old friends. Made sure we were happy and our needs are satisfied. It was a great atmosphere, thank you Jamie. I hope you'll be here next year.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank William H
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed there while in NH for the "Seek the Peak" Mount Washington Summit hike-a-thon. I happened upon this place on line while searching for close proximity stays. I spoke with the owner, while the hotel was closed for the winter I was able to book a room and was assured that the new renovations would be worth the wait. It was certainly worth staying there. The place was clean, nice pool outside with a hot tub and gas grills for cooking if one chose to do so. I would definitely stay there again...Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Margie V
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were visiting family up in the Berlin area and needed to find a place to stay. I looked online and found Mt. Madison Inn & Suites. Price wise it was excellent, location, nice and close to my sister's.

We had to check in late in the evening. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. This is a motel style hotel/inn, so we drove up and parked in front of our room. We were actually the first room off the road, so that evening the traffic noise was very noticeable. However the beds were comfortable and I was so tired from my ride up I fell right to sleep. The room was clean, and there was plenty of space for 3 people. The bathroom was a bit small, but it was clean and the shower had great water pressure. The one down thing, there was a slight smell in the room. I couldn't place it. If it was from the AC or if it was musty. I wasn't sure.

We stayed for two nights over the 4th of July weekend. We did use the pool (even though it was raining outside) and it was clean and heated. Check out was very easy, we just had to drop off the keys and leave.

Overall the parking lot was very well cared for, the gardens/flowers were beautiful. The pool and outside seating was fine (I wish it was sunny so we could have used it more). The rooms were big enough (bathrooms quite small) and overall clean. The beds, very comfortable. We did experience some traffic noise, but I think if you were not in that first room you would never have heard it.

When I go up to visit my family again, I would not hesitate to stay there again. It's very easy to find, there are places to eat right down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms further into the motel will have less street noise. Try to stay away from room #1.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

So my family and I decided to join some other families, and hike Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. The friend organizing the trip shared the hotel info where they were going to be staying. We were disappointed when we realized that we could only afford to stay one night, and had to choose between the night before or the night of the hike. My lovely and resourceful wife decided to look around, and found Mt. Madison Inn & Suites nearby, where we could actually afford to stay both nights! Not only did we choose to stay there, but so did three other families, and we all enjoyed our stay very much. The room was very comfortable, and came with the coffee maker (coffee provided), microwave, TV, and free wi-fi, all as advertised. Peggy, the staff member on duty during our stay, was friendly, warm, responsive, and immediately helpful to the few needs that we had. The pool and hot tub were attractive and well maintained. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and well maintained too. They are regularly booked solid, so you will need to plan ahead to stay here. In short, you can stay here, pay less, and get more!

3  Thank Aaron R
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Spent two nights at Mt. Madison early last summer. The room was clean enough, however, the room had a horrible smell of mold and smoke. Not a good situation for people with asthma or smoke sensitivity. Unfortunately, they had no other room to offer us and all other local lodgings were full. The manager's solution to this problem was to offer for sale a Mt. Madison scented candle. Guests are permitted to smoke on the deck right outside of rooms. Non-smoking guests have no choice but to walk through clouds of smoke simply to leave their rooms and the smell of smoke permeated through the windows and walls. Not a bad place to stay if you are a family of smokers. If you care about your health, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovemusic1978
Mt Madison Inn a, Owner at Mt Madison Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are truly sorry you didn't like your stay with us 2 summers ago.
We have been a NON-SMOKING in room facility for over 5 years now and are extremely serious about ensuring nobody smokes in our rooms. However, on occasion there are guest who smoke outside there room. As part of our NON - SMOKING POLICY, we ask our customers to close there windows and doors and to be cautious of kids and Family's when smoking.
We have gone to great lengths to Insure our rooms are 100% smoke free!
The majority of family's and couples who stay with us are non smokers. if at any time you ever have a problem with your room, we will do our best to satisfy you, In the event your still not happy with your stay, please call and ask to speak to Ron, I'm the owner and I will show you how much we care about helping you with any issues you may have while staying with us!
Ron Dagesse/Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Mt Madison Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!