“Awsome, quaint, romantic, surprize .”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gorham
The Libby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Gorham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This is really nice and elegant for this far north. The owner was very nice, made us feel welcomed, I didn't want to leave. Breakfast was great. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BostonBianca

Reviewed 28 July 2009

We just returned from a two day stay at the Libby House. There was nothing awful about it, but nothing wonderful, either. It's on a main street, so we got to hear trucks and motor cycles until quite late at night. Also, the bathroom had a mildew smell, and the shower curtain should have been changed. Breakfast was pancakes on morning, and eggs the next. Again not bad, but uninspired.

On the other hand, Gorham is well located for hiking, and I certainly felt safe staying at the LIbby House.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIchelleA_8
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I agree with everything said about Libby's House Inn in the review from July 2006. However, I feel there are some cons to be mentioned as well. Note that the previous review describes the best room in the house, while all rooms seem to cost the same. Although all rooms have ``private" baths, our bathroom was not inside of the room. It had a two-tap faucet (cold and hot water come out separately), the only one I have seen in this country. On the other hand, the shower head was very modern. The rooms have no TVs or alarm clocks (though perhaps the latter can be borrowed from the hosts). The blinds in our room were quite old and did not block out the street lights.

The A/C in the room was very old and very loud (but the ceiling fan was fantastic and sufficient as the night was fairly cool). As the windows open on Route 2, there was quite a bit of noise from the truck traffic (with an occasional motorcycle mixed in) all night. There are train tracks nearby, with an occasional train passing by at night. The noise may be hard to avoid in Gorham in general though, as it lies along Route 2 with train tracks running along its western and southern edges.

The rates for most accommodations in Gorham in August 2007 were $100 a night +/- 20% (except for two motels with very negative reviews on TripAdvisor). This place was at the top of the range. This is a pretty reasonable rate for a B&B in many places in the Northeast, though I would not call this a great value for Gorham unless you are primarily looking for a quaint place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 July 2006

My wife and I stayed one night at the Libby Inn en route to the mid-Maine coast. It's a lovely old house, furnished with antiques and charm. I felt like I was stepping back in time into my grandparent's home. There are but four guest rooms, three of which are on the second floor. We were fortunate to get the suite on the top floor. It has a spacious bedroom with comfortable queen bed, an adjoining parlor/sitting room with a daybed, and a full bath.

In the morning, a delicious breakfast was served in the formal dining room. And yes, it was by candle light, just as advertised on their website. The ground floor also features a charming living room with TV, games, jig saw puzzles and ample selection of books. A good spot to relax after a long drive on the twisty mountain roads in northern NH. (they are twisty little roads, all alike...)

I had some difficulty contacting them. I submitted a reservation request via a web form on one of the commercial B&B clearing house web sites, and never heard back. Then I tried phoning - their phone and fax share the same line. The first two times I called, the fax machine picked up. Third time, a friendly human answered and confirmed my reservation.

The best thing about the Libby House is that it's a short walk to the Libby Bistro, a truly excellent restaurant. It's worth an overnight stop in Gorham so you can dine at the Libby Bistro.

• Stayed: July 2006