“Royal Crest = Royal Nasty!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Royal Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Where should I start? First I will say that I honestly was not expecting a 5 star hotel on the backside of Hampton Beach but at least a 2 star. The rooms were not clean, meaning that there were beer bottle caps under the bed, more cigarettes outside on the walkway right outside the room than one can imagine. Oh and by the way if you want to use the "heated pool" be sure to bring your own towels, we traveled with 4 children and I asked for towels was given one and was also asked "didn't you bring your own"!!!!! There were holes in the ceiling tiles that were patched with pieces of toilet paper (room 39). The bathroom/tub I wouldn't let my dog use! So needless to say we all slept in our clothes.......Gross and disgusting.....I wish the reviews I had read before I booked actually spoke the truth, mine does.One more safety concern was that there were no additional locks on the room doors other than the doorknob lock, we had booked 3 rooms and one of them the smolke detector was missing. Hope this helps all who take a look at the misleading clean pictures!

5  Thank Jen K

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We had a choice between the standard & economy room...Both were much to be desired, but the kids wanted to be next to the pool so we picked the economy....it was DISGUSTING!! the fridge was leaking water all over the carpet, it had tons (I mean TONS) of sand fleas, the beds were low to the ground & as my daughter said, felt like sleeping on a cardboard box, there was sand in my bed, the blinds on the back window were taped up so you couldn't close them, it was just all around GROSS!!! For $118 a night, I'd rather sleep in my car!!! The pool was also a disgusting green & had an odor. Thank god it was only for 1 night. They did however, let us keep our car there for the night since it is not offerred to people who rent eceonomy rooms (economy rooms have offsite parking) and they let us keep it there the next day..

3  Thank JAB1089
Reviewed 11 August 2011

It's the second time my sister and I rent a room at this motel. The location is perfect, right next to the beach. All they had available for the two days we were staying was an economy room (note to self - never rent economy rooms again). A very small and smelly room I don't recommend. The bad part was the shower we couldn't get working properly, so we ended up taking low pressure cold showers. It also took a good 24 hours before they removed the trash left by the previous customers right next to our entrance door on the balcony. The staff was just ok, at least they didn't seem to care much when we asked about the shower or if they could remove the trash. All in all, not a disaster, but I'm pretty sure we can find much better for the same price or for less.

2  Thank Andreanne22
Reviewed 29 July 2011

hi,i googled on my computer looking for a hotel for our trip,we came across this one & decided to call for details..the older woman that answered the phone sounded polite for the first couple of minutes but then this so called polite woman became rude after asking a couple of more questions,it seemed like she didnt care if us customers take a room or not! the reason we still stayed was because it was a last minute trip..but after checking in to our room,& later that night i went to the internet room to check my emails until i heard the older woman talking to one of the girl workers saying how much she cant stand us people when we call etc..it kept saying" please nomore calls i hate them".i couldnt beleive my ears that she would say that! i didnt confront her about this hoping i get to see the manager but he was never there,then the next day i decide to go out on the porch for some air until people next to our room complained saying not to sit or stand near their chairs,i understood but what really got me upset was when i went to talk to the older woman "barb" about why cant we sit on these outside chairs:" she screamed out saying"u cant sit there ,its not ur room..like if i was this CHILD.this woman has no respects for the customers that do rent these rooms,again she hates us people,and friends of ours also agree with this lady.the hotel was ok but that WOMAN needs to go...never again will i stay where someone can take ur money than trash talk u after"no way"! the manager/owner needs to get rid of her immedietly!!! im spreading the word to whoever like to stay at this hotel! BEWARE OF BARB" & DIRTY ROOMS..

Room Tip: its not worth the money for ur stay,beds are bad feeling the coil,not worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank nellie1986
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We booked a 2 BR suite to accomodate a family. The suites are 5-6 blocks from the main motel, so you have to walk if you want to use the pool or the grills. WE were told we could not grill on site of the suites. The location was great, very close to the beach and boardwalk, and the staff was friendly. Other than that I dont have anything positive to say. The rooms are very old and outdated, and I wouldnt have cared if it was clean. I will spare the details. The shower was so dark and small. There was no A/C in the bedrooms, so we were really warm at night and didnt sleep well. I will never book here again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Amyreviews
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I read some of the reviews for this motel on here and they have to be talking about another place. Me, My husband, and 3 children stayed in adouble bed room at the Royal Crest in July of 2010 There was 5 of us and there was plenty of room in the 1 room for us all. The room was really clean and the staff were helpful, polite, and very friendly. Someone even parked in our reserved parking spot, when we notifed the front desk they found us another spot immediately. My 3 daughters loved the pool it was clean and well maintained. The air conditioning worked great, after 30 minutes we had to turn it off because it got to cold in the room. The only complaint I had with our entire 5 day stay was the water pressure in the shower it took about an hour to rinse the shampoo out of my hair as it was pretty much dripping out, but other than that it is in a GREAT LOCATION and I reccomend it for sure!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennessy143
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Each summer my whole family (19) got together and rented rooms for one week at Hampton Beach in the month of July. The Royal Crest Motor Inn was a bit expensive and didn't offer a whole lot but it was only a block from the beach and seemed to be a decent location run by people who rented to mostly decent people. Each year the price went up and each year the people who rented rooms at the Royal Crest got worse and worse. People would stay up drinking and partying past a reasonable hour and it became more of a flop house than anything else. We found ourselves not enjoying it anymore because we never knew who we would be stuck with for the week we all rented and were no longer going to spend good money not knowing if we'd be up all night because of the drunks who rented for a few days making it miserable for the rest of us. We all finally decided we weren't going to stay at the Royal Crest any longer and haven't gone back since 2007. Now we stay further down towards the other end of the beach at the Sea Spiral which is much much better.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family